Macaroni and Cheese

Options

Replies

• melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    SO glad this got bumped up again because I never made it! This time I'll have to write the recipe down! :)
  • ready4change
    ready4change Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Yum!
  • kdpamd
    kdpamd Posts: 38
    Options
    bump
  • MrsRawwwr
    MrsRawwwr Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Bumpity Bump!
  • aunienue
    aunienue Posts: 416
    Options
    bump
  • CarrieAbbey
    CarrieAbbey Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    yummy, I think I'll make that tomorrow for supper. I have a similar recipe but you add dijon mustard and a bit of nutmeg. Very yummy.

Thanks
  • mirahonthawall
    mirahonthawall Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    i'm totally making this!

do you think using light marble cheese will make it yucky or just as good? that's all i have!
  • DGerman
    Options
    Yeah my kiddo's will be happy... Now if I can only find a GREAT pizza recipe..LOL
  • amcmillan730
    amcmillan730 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    YUMMY!!!!!!!!!
  • Depplover28
    Options
    ooh, this looks yummy :]
  • cdngrl81
    cdngrl81 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    The 3 cups of macaroni, is the uncooked or cooked?
  • caitlinclock
    caitlinclock Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this!! I love macaroni and cheese but rarely make it because I don't want to be over calories, haha!
  • playfortoday
    Options
    bump
  • elainegsd
    elainegsd Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    The 3 cups of macaroni, is the uncooked or cooked?

Uncooked, one of the first instructions is to cook it.
  • jstutz
    jstutz Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I wonder how it would taste and how much less calories the recipe would be if I used 3 cups of cooked veggies of choice(zuchinni or cauliflower would be mine) instead of the 10 oz. medium elbow macaroni (3 cups)?
  • SweetyGirl
    Options
    I wonder how it would taste and how much less calories the recipe would be if I used 3 cups of cooked veggies of choice(zuchinni or cauliflower would be mine) instead of the 10 oz. medium elbow macaroni (3 cups)?

What I've done is to halve the amount of pasta in both mac & cheese and tuna casseroles, subbing a bag of frozen cauliflower for the absent pasta. And, I often toss in a handful or two of frozen baby peas. You just have to reduce the amount of liquid because of the extra water in the vegetables and the fact that there won't be as much pasta to soak it up. The cauliflower tends to almost disappear and take on the other flavors in the casserole, especially the tuna casserole, and it's very good. DH likes it better than the old version. Works for salmon or chicken casseroles as well.
  • sewele
    sewele Posts: 27
    Options
    Bump
  • ymamyma
    ymamyma Posts: 227
    Options
    Delicious!! Great recipe, Becca! :flowerforyou:
  • Jesikasyks
    Options
    bump!!
  • servingthealiens
    servingthealiens Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    With skim milk, soymilk, or fat free half and half and fat free or vegan cheese, this could be made pretty healthy, although it's really not bad the way it is. A small order at Noodles and Co is 450 calories, and a lot of the store bought ones are 400 or so.