Before and After: My first and second 5Ks

Options
A few years ago I got a wake up call as I realized I was nearly 200 lbs. I could no longer accept doing nothing. After a few attempts at dieting, I managed to get down to 180 for about a year or two but got derailed after abdominal surgery kept me from exercising for a few months. Late last year, my husband finally joined me in getting fit and getting healthy. We've both been using MFP for calories and Fitbit/Pact to keep us working out. Combined we've lost over 100 lbs.

I'm not there yet, but I was proud to complete my second timed 5K this morning. The pictures showing my first 5K in December of 2011 (~195lbs) and today (~150) are amazing to get a glimpse of how far I've come.

[A few years ago I got a wake up call as I realized I was nearly 200 lbs. I could no longer accept doing nothing. After a few attempts at dieting, I managed to get down to 180 for about a year or two but got derailed after abdominal surgery kept me from exercising for a few months. Late last year, my husband finally joined me in getting fit and getting healthy. We've both been using MFP for calories and Fitbit/Pact to keep us working out. Combined we've lost over 100 lbs.

I'm not there yet, but I was proud to complete my second timed 5K this morning. The pictures showing my first 5K in December of 2011 (~195lbs) and today (~150) are amazing to get a glimpse of how far I've come.

13811417943_95d3e8a0bf.jpg

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!