Planter fasciitis!

Options
Hey guys,

Could do with some advise. I've been signed off work to rest my foot and am due to go back on Wednesday. I have bought some insoles that where recommended but need to get some new shoes/trainers for work. Would any kind be ok with the insoles or can someone recommend some good footwear to help with planter fasciitis?

Many thanks
Shelly x

Replies

• MarineCodie
    MarineCodie Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    A brand called Super Feet. They helped me get over my 6 month long spell with it. Good luck!
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I like the planter faciitis insoles made by profoot. Best ever and my feet hardly hurt after my shifts in the resteraunt. I used to come home with unbearable pain. You can find them at Walmart and walgreens
  • jlclabo
    jlclabo Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    its not footwear, but more of an aid to help with it. take a 20oz bottle of water and freeze it. then roll it under your foot with as much force as you can stand for a few minutes at a time. rest and repeat. also a baseball or softball will do the same thing.
  • wannakimmy
    wannakimmy Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    its not footwear, but more of an aid to help with it. take a 20oz bottle of water and freeze it. then roll it under your foot with as much force as you can stand for a few minutes at a time. rest and repeat. also a baseball or softball will do the same thing.

This ^^^

I also wear Dansko shoes, they take a bit of getting used to, but have worked alright for me.
  • cblasz
    cblasz Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have orthotics from the podiatrist. They have helped a lot. Luckily they were covered by my insurance!
  • mlt2908
    mlt2908 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    What REALLY helped me is wearing one of those braces at night for plantar fascitis...it holds your foot in a flexed position and it started helping so quickly. Prior to wearing it, I could hardly walk on it first thing in the morning. I did stretching exercises on that foot (which I found on youtube) and wore the brace for several weeks (just at night) and was able to start running again after a couple of weeks (I wore an insert in my shoe) and continued wearing the "boot" at night for maybe 3 months and was able to stop wearing the brace and then eventually was able to stop wearing the insole and have not had issues since then.
  • ZombieEarhart
    ZombieEarhart Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Brooks Adrenaline are amazing, I don't have to wear inserts with them, they're just perfect for my PF.

ETA: or Danskos if you need professional shoes!
  • MarineCodie
    MarineCodie Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Mmmm just thought about rolling my foot on a golf ball. Seriously, it feels so freaking good.
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I wear Birkenstock high arch sandals around the house (way hippy but so frikkin' comfortable) and insoles (very supportive ones from Amazon, can't remember the brand) in my sneakers that I use for walking. When my PF was really bad (like can't get out of bed and stand without screaming) I used to stretch my feet for a couple of minutes before getting out of bed.

But the Birkos and insoles solved it for me. We have hardwood floors at home so I have to wear something all the time.