Will I lose weight if..?

Options
Here, on myfitnesspal, it states that if I 1560 calories without ANY exercise, I will lose weight.
I am 5'3, 125 lbs and wish to lose 10 pounds by june. So even if I DO NOT do any exercise, will I lose the weight?

Replies

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    If you eat at a deficit, you'll lose weight.
    You must weigh and measure everything to be sure your actually eating at a deficit.
  • missabeez
    missabeez Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    That sounds like it will put you on the right track to lose between 5-10 pounds.

You are at a decent weight for your height right now, so why not look into strenght training and heavy lifting to shape the body the way you want?
  • ashahardt
    ashahardt Posts: 10
    Options
    If you eat clean, meaning nothing with preservatives only lean protein, veggies and minimal fruit. Yes you will lose weight. It will more reflect in your bloating that may give the appearance of having extra weight in the mid section. It works well and fast. But do not eat too little. Eating clean works best if you do it at regular intervals ie. Every 2-3 hours. Also try and stay away from refined sugar. I have seen amazing results using this method on myself and others. Plus your not depriving yourself.
  • WiiFitness_2014
    Options
    It depends on the person . My weight loss rate is extremely slow without water and exercise. Sometimes I don't lose at all until I add those other two.
  • Sharonmdenham
    Sharonmdenham Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    That is how it is supposed to work in theory. Did you mark sedentary for lifestyle or a different one when telling of your daily activity levels? Also did you put you wanted to lose 2 pounds a week or 1 pound a week. All weight loss varies by calories in and activity out. I know if I logged what I was eating before on a daily basis there would definitely be a loss involved by going with 1560 calories a day because I was eating around 3500-4000 calories a day before I started on MFP, I logged it before I actually started. All those going out to eat times every week added up.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    If you eat clean, meaning nothing with preservatives only lean protein, veggies and minimal fruit. Yes you will lose weight. It will more reflect in your bloating that may give the appearance of having extra weight in the mid section. It works well and fast. But do not eat too little. Eating clean works best if you do it at regular intervals ie. Every 2-3 hours. Also try and stay away from refined sugar. I have seen amazing results using this method on myself and others. Plus your not depriving yourself.

This is silly. You do not need to "eat clean" or stay away from "refined sugar" to lose weight. And to recommend minimal fruit? Nope. Meal timing? That is personal preference.

OP:
    All you need is a calorie deficit and that can be done with all types of foods.

eta: The only reason a person should reduce/eliminate items from their intake is because of a medical issue.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Here, on myfitnesspal, it states that if I 1560 calories without ANY exercise, I will lose weight.
    I am 5'3, 125 lbs and wish to lose 10 pounds by june. So even if I DO NOT do any exercise, will I lose the weight?

At 125lbs you will struggle to lose 10lbs of fat by June.

With only 10lbs you should be aiming to lose 0.5lbs a week. I would also suggest some sort of resistance - strength training to help preserve your muscle mass.

Maybe you should step away from the scales and look at body recomp instead of a scale number? Why is 10lbs so important?

OH and you don't have to cut out anything to lose weight.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    The less you have to lose, the more slowly it comes off. That's just the way the human body works.

At your size, a healthy loss is .5 lb. per week. Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options

Not really. I understand the point your trying to make, but it's going to come down to the calorie deficit, not eating every 3 hours and so on.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

eating clean has nothing to do with weight loss….

th_zps280c0147.jpg
  • missabeez
    missabeez Posts: 280 Member
    Options

th_zps280c0147.jpg

Agreed, but she does have a point about the bloating part.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Also, if you eat mostly twinkies and similar snacks along with a multi-vitamin, sticking to your calorie goal, you will achieve similar weight loss and the same 'amazing results'.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

th_zps280c0147.jpg

Agreed, but she does have a point about the bloating part.

lol OK 99.9% is rejected as bro science..

feel better?
  • Inkymycat
    Inkymycat Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hello I recently lost 35 pounds doing rebootwithjoe.com I am now using my fitness pal to loose my last 25 pounds. The app recommend like 1800 calories a day but I changed it to 1400 calories a day thinking I would loose faster but I didn't loose any weight at all. I was doing about 65-85 minutes of cardio a day which was on average 900+ calories and sometimes more.

Today I changed the calories to what MFP recommended and I will go from there and see what happens. I currently do not do strength training as I want to loose my weight first. I just got over severe Back and shoulder pain so I will be waiting a few months to let it heal.

Any recommendations would be great. Please add me as a friend.
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    yes you can lose weight without exercising. you will lose more if you add exercise though
  • loriemn
    loriemn Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I am just going to throw this in,why not do an exercise? its the best stress reliever ever! like kickboxing or martial arts,,go beat the holy crap out of someone and they let you! you cant go wrong!
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    I am just going to throw this in,why not do an exercise? its the best stress reliever ever! like kickboxing or martial arts,,go beat the holy crap out of someone and they let you! you cant go wrong!
    For you, maybe.
    Never particularly worked like that for me.