Amazing Garlic-Butter Roasted Mushrooms

Options
I don't normally like cooked mushrooms, but my fiance loves them. I finally found a recipe that makes us both happy... and looks pretty impressive to guests... makes great party food... and only requires about 10 minutes of prep time (and about 15-20 in the oven.)

Recipe from Smitten Kitchen, the pictures are my own.

10175034_594757913943006_1855411431_n.jpg

1 pound mushrooms such as cremini or white, halved lengthwise if large
2 tablespoons capers, rinsed and chopped
3 large garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons vegetable oil [I substituted extra-virgin olive oil, but otherwise followed the recipe exactly]
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley

Preheat oven to 450°F with rack in middle. Toss mushrooms with capers, garlic, oil, 1/8 teaspoon salt and several grinds of pepper in a 1 1/2- to 2-qt shallow baking dish. Top with butter and roast, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are tender and golden and bubbly garlic sauce forms below, 15 to 20 minutes. Stir in lemon juice and parsley. Serve immediately, with crusty bread on the side for swiping up the juices.

1525445_594757823943015_884846304_n.jpg

We ate ours with prosciutto-wrapped asparagus and crusty sourdough bread.

301c5f6228be43cb3d38a334fa9a7425.png

Since it was the main course (more or less) I split the recipe into two big servings. If it's a side dish or appetizer, 2 lbs of mushrooms comfortably serves 4 (or more.)

Bon appetit!

Replies

• JagZag
    JagZag Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I love mushrooms. Sounds delious!!!! Thanks.
  • mandeenicoleb
    mandeenicoleb Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I loveeeee mushrooms! Thanks you this sounds (and looks) amazing.
  • taradunkley1
    taradunkley1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    This looks sooooooo good and I love mushrooms!!!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,657 Member
    Options
    Thanks. Looks great.
  • MABEL733
    MABEL733 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • cathe444
    cathe444 Posts: 1
    Options
    My husband was THRILLED to see this Mushroom recipe. He can't wait to make it.
  • siratlas
    siratlas Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I'm drooling already! Thanks for the recipe, can't wait to taste it for myself.
  • drewmmm
    drewmmm Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I am making this tomorrow definitely! I love mushrooms and I bought loads just yesterday! Plus I love the asparagus-prosciutto idea, looks yummy!