fell off the wagon

Options
Since the holidays I have not exercised or watched my diet. I have gained four of the six pounds I have lost. I keep telling myself I will exercise but when it comes down to it I talk myself out of it. And my eating has really been out of control. I am pre-diabetic and have been eating sweets and stuff I shouldn't. I am really going to try and at least get started on exercising and watch what I eat and really buckle down after New Years. Has anybody else been is this rut?

Replies

• NanBar
    NanBar Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Why wait another week? Start logging your food in again and get moving!

You can do it!
  • TortugaRachel
    Options
    Yeah, I'm there. I just started my program too, so I am so disappointed in myself.
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    The biggest thing about any weight loss/muscle gain/etc program is that you will not do it until you are READY. I yo-yo'd for over a month on here-probably 6 or 7 weeks, before I got serious about it. You will do it when you are ready, and if you're still saying "next week" then maybe you just aren't @ the breaking point yet.

Hopefully you reach it soon :)
  • downtome
    downtome Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    The biggest thing about any weight loss/muscle gain/etc program is that you will not do it until you are READY. I yo-yo'd for over a month on here-probably 6 or 7 weeks, before I got serious about it. You will do it when you are ready, and if you're still saying "next week" then maybe you just aren't @ the breaking point yet.

Hopefully you reach it soon :)

I agree, you have to ready, something has to click but maybe, if you bring your body your mind will follow! That means, if you go through the actions and keep showing up here everyday, your head might fall into place where you want to be. Don't worry about the past, it's in the past said and done. Take one day at atime, start fresh tomorrow. AND...stop sabotaging yourself! You are your own worst enemy! We are here for you to give support, we all need support and that is why I love this site. Just keep coming back. Good luck!
    Denise
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Why wait another week? Start logging your food in again and get moving!

You can do it!
    I agree - I pretty much took the last 5 weeks off from watching what I eat and gained 5 pounds. I was up early this morning and got in a 5 mile jog and have eaten great all day.

I should be at least a pound or a pound and a half down by new years.

Don't wait till New Year's. It's just another day and another excuse.
  • Debtappe
    Debtappe Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    If all you can do is record what you eat; start with that and drinking your water.
  • lrk93101
    lrk93101 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Don't wait! Start right now. Continue to log your food, if that's all you can do for now. Also, you MUST let go of beating yourself up, because that is part of the vicious cycle you are trying to stop. Take this time to be extremely compassionate with yourself, and know that you were trying to protect yourself with food - for whatever reason, but you don't need to do that anymore. Start being kind to yourself right this minute. Good luck!