30 day shred

Options
Hello.I was doing 30 day shred in the summer and i have done 1 level-10 days.Then i stopped.2 months ago i was again doing level 1 for few days and again i gave up.Now i am starting to do tomorrow again 30 day shred.I read on internet if you do one same routine your muscles are getting used to it and there are no results.What you think,i should start again from level 1 or to start 30 day shred from level 2?Or to start the routine with level 1 but with heavier dumbbells?And how much weight can i lose?I am 105 lbs and 5feet 4inches tall,eating about 1500 calories a day.

Replies

• HarrisonAR
    HarrisonAR Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I believe that only pertains to people that have done the same exercises for a long time and do those exercise with ease. If level 1 is still a challange for you then you should continue at level one again. I am starting this program Monday. and if you are 105lbs and 5'4 you are really tiny.. you will probably gain some muscle and not really lose that much weight.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    it's not a program designed to be done every day. try doing it every other day. "30 day shred" is a marketing name.
  • HarrisonAR
    HarrisonAR Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    800f35895cbfc9e4d7ab130f4ae407f5.jpg

I will be starting this schedule starting 4/14.. if you want to join
  • chette78
    chette78 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    bump
  • chette78
    chette78 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Does any one know about how many calories you burn with the 30 day shred...I tried putting it in the exercise space but no results...Please help...
  • casiobarnes
    casiobarnes Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Most people *including me!) count it as 20 mins circuit training, general.
  • BraveNewdGirl
    BraveNewdGirl Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Most people log it as "Circuit training, general" here! Please note that MFP is notorious for overestimating calorie burns, though. The only way to obtain any real accuracy is a heart rate monitor.
  • Nicole9187
    Nicole9187 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Does any one know about how many calories you burn with the 30 day shred...I tried putting it in the exercise space but no results...Please help...

I wore my heat rate monitor for the entire workout and it said I burned 236 calories...HTH
  • kr1574
    kr1574 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hiya!! I too started 30DS, on day 3 now and my legs are in tatters!!!

I found a link on livestrong and it gave an equation to work out how many calories burnt during this workout ( I'm sure it's still a rough estimate given that people's effort/intensity output will differ from person to person)

Your weight in lbs x 1.1 = calories burnt

Hope this helps!?

Also- for the sore legs- I found the rolling a rolling pin over quads definitely helps along with walking and extra stretching/yoga on YouTube!!

Hoping day 4 is kinder to me!

Good luck with it sweetie xxx