Your Pet's Favorite Food

Options
SymphonynSonata
SymphonynSonata Posts: 533 Member
What kind of food does your animal eat? I'm not talking about their standard pet food (unless it's a dog who only eats cat food or something), but rather "human" food.

The little guy in my picture LOVES popcorn and potato chips. He will NOT eat raw meat (or cooked meat) unless it's in dry dog food format.

Replies

• SymphonynSonata
    SymphonynSonata Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Hey, people. We talk about food all day! What does your pet eat?
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    my dogs have been dead for 2 years

but my babies loved : mashed potatoes , vanilla cake,carrots,peanut butter toast, peanut butter cookies,freezies,crackers,tostitos,ketchup chips,noodles
  • lolalament
    lolalament Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Crumble loves crumpets. She's also recently developed a liking for Hula Hoops.

Custard loves strawberries. Once, she bit Crumble just because Crumble was sitting near the pot of strawberries.

Apple is very new so hasn't tried much yet, but she seems to like grapes best.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Whatever I'm having..
  • shaynepoole
    shaynepoole Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    my dogs will scarf up almost everything - except vegetables
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    I had a cat for 13 years and that entire time she would only eat one kind of kibble, real tuna, Twinkies and strawberry wafer cookies.....that is it, no other seafood and no meat, and no wet cat food.......

I have a degu now, and on top of the regular things a degu eats, mine LOVES the outside breading of Jamaican patties....if one is cooking as soon as he can smell it he goes insane.....
  • sanzza
    sanzza Posts: 60
    Options
    My pancakes, only time they sit next to the cooker when I'm cooking and howl and cry. :bigsmile:

fac11ca2-7c27-4083-92c5-fac121f6a61c_zps5aa07e58.jpg
  • siratlas
    siratlas Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    My cat loves : green grapes he can paw out of the fridge drawer, fresh pineapple pieces, yogurt (vanilla, strawberry or peach), chicken breast, the leftover hot sauce from my plate, subway, cotton candy (cherry flavor especially) , green apple caramel suckers and vanilla butter cream cupcakes.....i think he just likes the feeling of icing on his nose.
  • josavage
    josavage Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Mine would eat any kind of meat and cheese and some veggies (corn and green beans). I have one dog that loves bananas and the other doesn't like them at all. I still offer her some but she usually just walks away from it. They love puppy cones from Dairy Queen.
  • Tiernan1212
    Tiernan1212 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Mine will eat just about anything, even vegetables and fruits. The only one he won't eat so far is carrots. He doesn't get much people food, mainly he'll scoop up anything my kids drop or I drop when cooking.

However, his goes-mega-crazy-insane-starts doing laps around my feet-food is popcorn. Doesn't matter if it popping in the microwave, air popper, on the stove, or if it's already popped in a snack bag from the store he goes nuts :laugh:
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    If you have dogs, I wouldn't feed them grapes or raisins. It can lead to kidney failure...

http://www.vcahospitals.com/main/pet-health-information/article/animal-health/grape-and-raisin-toxicity-in-dogs/4397

I just don't want anyone's furbabies to get sick!:heart:
  • msnucerity
    msnucerity Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Bones (large grey cat) loves when I cook sole and goes apesh*t when there's a chicken roasting. Seriously- I bring the chicken out to rest on top of the stove and he walks in and out of the kitchen to check on it. If I get up, he runs to the kitchen and sits just in case I'm going to carve the bird and a piece of meat may stray to the floor.

(never touches food on the counter or stove- just waits patiently. And also can "sit" on command. Only animals with good manners get meat scraps)
  • drinking_watermelon
    Options
    My bird loves to shred carrots. I think they're more of a toy to her than a treat.
    Also, when I used to live with my parents, my mom would give her Fritos and salty crackers when I wasn't around and now she freaks out when anyone eats chips or Fritos or anything around her. She begs like a puppy.
  • deannc1
    deannc1 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I happen to live with the cutest, most affectionate and sweetest pitbull in the world. She is also a "cookie" addict. ANYTHING can be a cookie. A dollop of peanut butter, diced tomatoes, an apple, sirloin steak, whatever. If I say the "c" word within ear shot she comes a runnin'. Hey, wait a minute, so do I.......that's how I wound up overweight.
  • Xaudelle
    Xaudelle Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    My cat goes insane for Cheez-Its.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    My dog loves strawberries and apples. He will eat most things, those are his favorites. Popcorn is his close third.
  • drewmmm
    drewmmm Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    My cat loves cherry yogurt. She'll eat any kind of fruit yogurt, but cherry is her favourite.
  • darkrose20
    darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Blood worms. Won't touch the pellet stuff. Frikken $10 down the drain.
  • lolalament
    lolalament Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Crumble loves crumpets. She's also recently developed a liking for Hula Hoops.

Custard loves strawberries. Once, she bit Crumble just because Crumble was sitting near the pot of strawberries.

Apple is very new so hasn't tried much yet, but she seems to like grapes best.

I heard grapes are BAD for dogs!

That being said my dog eats ANYTHING lol
    Thanks for the warning, but they're birds