Eating 600 to 900 calories

Options
2»

Replies

• geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    I would have - that is disturbingly low for a man :noway:
    This was a bit over a year ago - now I do every other day at 1400 net and achieve similar results.

However, it caused me no problems - and I was also doing a hell of a lot of manual work at the time. Barely lost any strength. Actual net calories were likely pretty damn low as I was often working twelve hour days moving car parts from one unit to another (carrying car gearboxes up a long flight of stairs and so on.)
    Oh and mostly I was eating ready meals!
  • salbunnylettuceleafyexley
    Options
    sorry but u need at least 1200 cals a day, eating 600-900 cals a day, at least for longer than a wk or so is not healthy, u could end up ill, its not worth it
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,145 MFP Staff
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to provide a brief explanation for locking this topic.

The forum guidelines include this item:

3. No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders
    a) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products will be removed without warning.
    b) Profiles, groups, messages, posts, or wall comments that encourage anorexia, bulimia, or very low calorie diets of any kind will be removed, and may be grounds for account deletion. This includes positive references to ana/mia, purging, or self-starving. Our goal is to provide users with the tools to achieve their weight management goals at a steady, sustainable rate. Use of the site to promote or glamorize dangerously low levels of eating is not permitted.
    c) Photos intended to glamorize extreme thinness will be deleted.
    d) Those seeking support in their recovery from eating disorders are welcome at MyFitnessPal.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    Olivia
    MyFitnessPal Community Manager
This discussion has been closed.