Logging calories from Youtube work out vids???

Options
XxElla93xX
XxElla93xX Posts: 13 Member
Hi guys, I'm just wondering how do you log the work outs from youtube vids? I've been doing 30 day shred, Insanity and Victoria Secret workout and I haven't logged any of them as I don't know how to.

Can anyone help?

Thank youuuu :)

Replies

• AngelWings0609
    AngelWings0609 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    A HRM can help give you an idea of what you're burning! :)
  • liftingandlipstick
    liftingandlipstick Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Google. Everyone will tell you to get an HRM, and while that's good advice, it's just not in my budget. So I Google name of workout + calories burned. It typically turns up tons of results. I take the lowest 2 or 3, average them out, and create my own workout and enter it that way. No, it's not 100% accurate, but at least it gives me an idea.
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calories_burned.htm <<< there are plenty of online calculators but I used this one before I got my HRM
  • caitconquersweight
    caitconquersweight Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I use a HRM. I work out at home and use youtube videos a lot
  • BectheLion
    BectheLion Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'd log it as Circuit Training here on MFP. You probably burn more/less depending on the exercises, but its a good estimate since it's based on your personal size.
  • JessieSky
    JessieSky Posts: 79
    Options
    I'm embarrassed to say I hadn't thought of the circuit training thing, but that would probably be a fair starting point. I do a lot of those kinds of workouts, too, and don't have a HRM yet so I'm right there with you.