What to do with peanut butter protein powder?

Options
I bought peanut butter whey protein powder from truenutrition.com and the taste is pretty good, but I find it a little overpowering on it's own (just mixed with water or milk). Any ideas of what to do with it? I made a peanut butter honey and banana smoothie that was pretty good, just wondering if anyone has any other ideas. Thanks!

Replies

• FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I've never had whey protein, but what about a frappucino? You could blend it with ice, coffee, and whatever flavorings like vanilla or chocolate that you want.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Mmmm, add sugar free chocolate or white sugarfree chocolate.
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    look for a brownie or homemade granola bar recipe you could add it to

peanut butter and banana smoothies?

you could try some in your oatmeal
  • arosegonzo
    Options
    I like it in the dark chocolate almond milk
  • Shropshire1959
    Shropshire1959 Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Never heard of it but I love peanut butter - so will certainly look out for it now and follow this thread - yummy
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Never heard of it but I love peanut butter - so will certainly look out for it now and follow this thread - yummy

Haha I know right? I've added peanut butter to my smoothies that also had protein shakes in them and was a bit disappointed in the additional calories added by PB. There's nothing special about my smoothies. Apples, milk (optional), apple cider (optional aww heck all the ingredients are optional), protein powder, whatever veggies are lying around. I've done spinach in the past and also did celery for a while. Something to sip slowly whenever I get a craving or feel like using up some veggies
  • msnucerity
    msnucerity Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Why not make peanut butter protein "cookies"?

2 cups natural peanut butter (or almond butter if you prefer)
    2 scoops protein powder
    1/2 c raw honey
    1 egg

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
    Whisk peanut butter and egg together in a bowl until smooth.
    Add in protein powder & honey, continuously stirring.
    Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Protein granola bars.
  • heathercicle
    heathercicle Posts: 91 Member
    Options

Haha I know right? I've added peanut butter to my smoothies that also had protein shakes in them and was a bit disappointed in the additional calories added by PB. There's nothing special about my smoothies. Apples, milk (optional), apple cider (optional aww heck all the ingredients are optional), protein powder, whatever veggies are lying around. I've done spinach in the past and also did celery for a while. Something to sip slowly whenever I get a craving or feel like using up some veggies

Peanut Butter Spinach smoothies are awesome! Always get weird looks and comments about the green smoothie, but seriously very tasty! I also made a recipe for an oatmeal, PB, spinach smoothie. You could easily leave out the PB and add PB protein powder for something like that.

Good luck!
  • archaichoney
    archaichoney Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Cookies, bread, oatmeal, make protein balls with it. Protein powders have endless applications.