Confronting my problem.

Options
So I'm Andy, I live in the USA and am finally admitting to being overweight. I'm a highschooler, a Sophomore at that and I need to get into shape. I'm ready to make that change and I think support from online would be great! All the websites reqiure being payed for, and i'm glad this one doesn't :smile:
The last time I checked my weight I was 190lbs. I am 5'6" and 15 years old. My family is a naturally bigger type of family, as in propportion wise, but I plan to change that for me, and hopefully if they can see that I can do it, they'll want to do it too. c:
My goal right now is to be 150lbs. Then we can go from there ^-^
I know I have a long journey ahead of me and if anyone wants to help me, or join me just message me!

Replies

• greenlink009
    Options
    You can do it!
  • VictoryDance
    Options
    Hang in there, Andy! You can do it!
  • seamom
    seamom Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Yes, Andy you can do it. By increasing your movement/exercise AND recording your calories (reduced of course), you will be at your goal weight in no time. It is good that you are making these lifestyle changes now, while you are young. I think it is easier when you are young to make healthy changes a habit. In the program I am in at Kaiser we learned a strategy to help keep those healthy habits in place and become stronger: SMART (Set goals, Monitor, Arrange your environment, Recruit help, and Treat - reward yourself with non-food rewards for making your goals). Good luck! :smile:
  • Tblackdogs
    Tblackdogs Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I am a mom and although I don't talk about weight a lot with my kids, I have told them that it's easier to stay slim and healthy than it is to get there. Since you are young it will be much easier for you to get there and then you can decide how you want to live the rest of your life. It's not rocket science…eat less and move more. And most of all, like yourself, feel good about yourself and be proud of yourself! I'm already proud of you for taking this first step!!!!
  • opalsqueak007
    opalsqueak007 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Hi Andy - I am also 5 feet 6, 190, and aiming for 150. Wishing you a great journey to fitness.