Greek pasta salad: low fat, low calorie, and delicious

Options
missiontofitness
missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
Hi all, figured I'd share a pasta salad recipe I made tonight.

For four generous servings, you'll need the following:

1 1/2 cups of tri-color rotini. I used Stop and Shop.
1/2 cup Atheno's fat-free feta cheese
1/4 cup Wishbone Greek Vinaigrette dressing
12 black olives (I used Lindsey's low sodium olives)
Cherry tomatoes (5-7 decent sized ones, diced)
Cucumber (I used half of a regular sized cucumber, diced)
Onion (half of a small one, diced)
Green bell pepper (half of a medium sized one, diced)
Pepper to taste

Once you've cooked your rotini, run it under cool water. Add in your diced vegetables, feta, salad dressing, and pepper to taste. For best results, let this sit overnight. I personally don't like my pasta salads drenched in sauce; you will be able to taste the Greek dressing, but it will be very subtle. If you want a more bold flavor, feel free to add up to a 1/2 cup or more (but adjust your recipe cals accordingly).

For this specific recipe, my nutritional info came out as the following for one serving:
Calories: 147
Fat: 5g
Carbs: 20g
Protein: 7g
Sat fat: 1g
Fiber: 1g

I just taste tested it, and I must say, it was awesome. Contemplating adding fresh spinach, and red instead of yellow onion next time. Some fresh minced garlic would be an awesome touch as well!

Hope ya'll enjoy, especially with the weather getting better.

Replies

• Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    This sounds so good. Love this kind of salad so much and love the combination that you have here. Will DEFINATELY try. Have everything but the cheese.
  • margiejo765
    margiejo765 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try this, Have you tried using the dream field pasta it's so much healthier than the regular pasta some how they figured out how to incapsulate the carbs so only 5grams gets absorbed not the 41 grams in regular pasta and the bonus is it taste great too
  • KaleeCat
    KaleeCat Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Saving for later! Sounds yummy!
  • khykes
    khykes Posts: 9
    Options
    Thanks for this!
  • missiontofitness
    Options
    You're welcome everyone!

I've now eaten it for breakfast and with lunch, and it's even better than expected the next day!
  • missiontofitness
    Options
    I'm going to try this, Have you tried using the dream field pasta it's so much healthier than the regular pasta some how they figured out how to incapsulate the carbs so only 5grams gets absorbed not the 41 grams in regular pasta and the bonus is it taste great too

The carbs in my pasta aren't very high, and I'm not on a low carb diet. I honestly prefer to eat the "full carb" version of pasta, than a lower carb option. Thanks for the recommendation though!
  • TheVevina
    TheVevina Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this!
  • missiontofitness
    Options
    Thanks for this!

You're welcome!
  • dcandreani
    dcandreani Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    :love:
  • starrymela
    starrymela Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This looked really amazing so I tried it (without the olives because i'm not a fan) and it was really good. I forgot how yummy salad can be.
  • missiontofitness
    Options
    This looked really amazing so I tried it (without the olives because i'm not a fan) and it was really good. I forgot how yummy salad can be.

Yay! Glad you liked it. :D
  • StarHeart79
    Options
    Totally going to try this!
  • sweetnsassy1491
    sweetnsassy1491 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Saving for later
  • sweetnsassy1491
    sweetnsassy1491 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Saving for later