Calorie increase

Options
Thinking about increasing calories by 100 for two weeks and then 100 more so I can maybe jumpstart my metabolism. What do you guys think? I have been at 800 calories and lost 25 lbs. since Nov. 2013. But I am stuck at 123 lbs. and not losing anymore. I want to lose 13 more lbs.

Replies

• XLMACX
    XLMACX Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I would say to increase! 800 is too low and will mess up your metabolism in the long run, you may gain at first adding more calories but in long run it will be a lot more of a healthier lifestyle for you.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Increase gets my vote as well. Even if you weren't stuck, with only 13 pounds to go, adding calories will make the jump to maintenance easier. At least that was true for me. :-)
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    With 13 lb. to lose, set your goal to .5 lb. per week—which is way more than 800 calories.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • marca_june
    marca_june Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Wow! 800 calories? You should be eating at least 1200 calories! I was eating 1200 calories and wasn't loosing and I started eating between 1400 calories and now I am loosing! You can increase your calories and see if it will make a difference.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    What height are you? 110 pounds is very light fir all but the most petite. Is there a reason why you have that as a goal?
  • fdagasdgfasdgsda
    fdagasdgfasdgsda Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    If you have been at that for a while you may want to increase to maintianence very slowly, stay at maintenance for a couple weeks and let your body rebuild. Have you been meeting all your macro and micro requirements on that low of a calorie intake? I once was down to 138lbs and 1100 calories a day and had to do the above to get myself out of a plateau. It feels better in the long run to be able to eat more again!