Hungry... still ! ☺

Options
Alright, have had two prepared meals today plus a very small breakfast of Cheerios. (Christmas left overs what can I say) I have just simply had the starving feeling all day and cannot ease my hunger. I am still under my calorie goals for the day by about 340. Do I chance just going over my caloric intake for today by eating yet another meal (Daily Goal 1200) or is this how it's gonna be for some reason on occasion and I should just suck it up?

What do you all do when you have these days?

Replies

• meaghanls
    Options
    Drink more water... or a fresh fruit smoothie without dairy.
  • countjackula
    Options
    Alright, have had two prepared meals today plus a very small breakfast of Cheerios. (Christmas left overs what can I say) I have just simply had the starving feeling all day and cannot ease my hunger. I am still under my calorie goals for the day by about 340. Do I chance just going over my caloric intake for today by eating yet another meal (Daily Goal 1200) or is this how it's gonna be for some reason on occasion and I should just suck it up?

What do you all do when you have these days?

Without knowing exactly what you're eating or what your goals are it's tough to make recommendations. If I'm -absolutely- intent on not going over my caloric intake for the day but I'm hungry I'll drink water (feeling of satiety from something in my stomach). If I find myself hungry all the time, however, I'd re-evaluate my diet for the following:

- Meal composition (because protein keeps you feeling full longer); and
    - Meal timing (because your body gets used to expecting food at certain times -- but you can train yourself off of that!)

Failing all that, I'd grab a book, do some work, watch some TV, or go to sleep!
  • LMP1979
    LMP1979 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    My meals consisted of small portions of last night's prime rib + salad and side dish. I'm at work for another 4 hrs and have tried water already and really, the getting up from going is gettin old already. I feel like I need grease (ie: fast food) and am really fighting the urge!! Yup, just being difficult.

My goal is just trying to lose a couple pounds a week is all. Eat relatively healthy and exercise as much as I can.
  • devriesjp
    Options
    One word, Volumetrics. Just started this diet (#1 in America according to Consumer Reports). It is based on eating foods with low energy density (weight of the food compared to calories). Which means eating more volume (feeling full) for the least amount of calories (while losing weight). I have not felt starving at all since starting this diet. $6 on Amazon..
  • biodeb
    biodeb Posts: 19
    Options
    Good habits take time to establish. Give yourself time & permission to make changes gradually. If you need a little something - have a snack - make it a healthy protein snack!! Then re-focus on nurturing yourself with a non-food activity. :wink:
  • ginnyroxx
    Options
    340 calories is a decent amount to have left, imo. Progresso light soups are only about 120 for the whole can, but they're high in sodium :/

how about some nuts or fruit?

try eating foods high in protein. they'll keep you fuller longer.
  • NotAllWhoWanderAreLost
    Options
    a wedge of laughing cow light cheese
    4 table water crackers
    14 baby carrots
    2 Tbsp hummus
    a navel orange
    a cup of hot tea with honey
    and all the water you want...

Lots to eat and still less than 340 calories :)
  • Sigra
    Sigra Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I know I'm constantly hungry recently, usually the cold does it for me :( Or maybe just the Holidays. Filling myself with water and doing the 6x a day instead of 2-3x really helps. That allows to feel like you are eating a lot more food than you are. Right now 6meals can consist of:

2eggs + 1cup of rice
    Granola bar
    90 cal bar
    Broccoli, Turkey and Cheese Lean Pocket
    different 90 cal bar
    Half steak + bowl of salad

The snacks/lunch/dinner vary, but the point is food!
  • LMP1979
    LMP1979 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Sigra - a point. I was very cold all during my 12 hr shift at work yesterday. I am wondering if that had something to do with it.

I am allergic to any kinds of nuts so finding healthy & high protein snacks sometimes is hard for me. So many snacks, granolas, fruit bars, etc have nuts in them. Sunflower seeds seem to help - if I can remember it. Thank you everyone for your suggestions!
  • duckdogs
    duckdogs Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Volumetrics is a Jenny Craig term as well. Their portions are very small and the way I utilize it is have a large salad, large portion of non carb veggies and the main course/entre on top. The first forkful is Jenny food (of which I only buy what I like), I eat the main part of my meal saving one forkful of entre for last. Fools my head into thinking I have eaten lots but in truth very little. The veggie are high in fibre and filling on their own.

Done quite well and for the most part haven't been hungry. Lost steadily since Sept even through Xmas.

My 2 bits.

Deborah