Today's workout and movie

Options
Today's work out is the typical Sunday routine. A 6.5 to 7 mile run on the treadmill. Then 40 minutes in the weight room, then finish with a 1 to 1.5 mile (15 minute) elliptical burn. Big day.......Sunday and Fridays are the big ones. Max.

And today we are thinking of screening Tony Montana, Frank Lopez, Sosa, and the gang in the classic "Scarface."

And my favorite line in the movie......you got it.......When Chici tells Ernie......"Hey man, you got a job".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkGZXROwXZo

Replies

• jaxnjosh
    jaxnjosh Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Sounds fun :)
    I love when i have something great to watch when i workout too
    good luck
  • MissBounceUK
    MissBounceUK Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    For me yesterday, it was Captain America (the first movie) whilst stomping it out on my step-box with a whole shed-load of bicep curls. Movies and exercise are an awesome combo!
  • truebrew
    truebrew Posts: 33
    Options
    good luck

Thanks, it was a good one today. The run was exhilarating, a full 7 miles, good pace, (for me) 10 minutes a mile, weights and final 10 minutes on elliptical were strong, good closing. And Tony Montana never screwed anybody over that didn't have it coming to him. Omar had it coming to him. Tony never liked him, never trusted that piece of !@#@. What a movie......Yes, you are so right......movies and exercise. That's how to make the gym attractive.

Tomorrow?.......Divorce American Style. Already downloaded, a classily hilarious movie staring **** Van *kitten* and Debbie Reynolds from 1967. Filmed in Los Angeles, the Valley, hilarious story of a couple who get a divorce because everyone else is.......great plot. Here's a scene I uploaded to Youtube.....just funny:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ft-vUew-TBc
  • truebrew
    Options
    good luck

Thanks......good day and Scarface was great. It always is......:)
  • truebrew
    Options
    For me yesterday, it was Captain America (the first movie) whilst stomping it out on my step-box with a whole shed-load of bicep curls. Movies and exercise are an awesome combo!

Never saw Captain America. I"ll have to check it out.......thanks!
  • mctrader07
    mctrader07 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Today's work out is the typical Sunday routine. A 6.5 to 7 mile run on the treadmill. Then 40 minutes in the weight room, then finish with a 1 to 1.5 mile (15 minute) elliptical burn. Big day.......Sunday and Fridays are the big ones. Max.

And today we are thinking of screening Tony Montana, Frank Lopez, Sosa, and the gang in the classic "Scarface."

And my favorite line in the movie......you got it.......When Chici tells Ernie......"Hey man, you got a job".

Great post. how long does this routine take you? also when running the 6.5 to mile run do you take breaks or just run it thourgh?
  • truebrew
    Options

Great post. how long does this routine take you? also when running the 6.5 to mile run do you take breaks or just run it thourgh?

I do take breaks. Usually around half dozen and usually about a minute to 2 minutes. I'm just not what I used to be I guess.....It's ok to take breaks. It's good for the mind and the body. Usually to grab some water and sit for 30 to 60 seconds. This routine usually takes about 2 hours. From start to finish. Then shower and home.....so about 2.5 hours total in the gym. ........Thanks and good luck......
  • weedaisy01
    weedaisy01 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I need to start doing this. Watching a movie while working out. I'm trying to get back into being fit, but it's difficult for me to get motivated. I actually dread it. Maybe if I put on a fun movie, I can get started.
  • truebrew
    Options
    I need to start doing this. Watching a movie while working out. I'm trying to get back into being fit, but it's difficult for me to get motivated. I actually dread it. Maybe if I put on a fun movie, I can get started.

I recommend it. It makes going to the gym something to enjoy than dread. Get a good tablet, I have the galaxy tab Pro 8.4 which has a micro card slot so I have unlimited space. Ive downloaded hundreds of movies and TV shows. I even have the old Taxi series with Alex, Nardo, Louie, Latka........movies, TV shows, .........I enjoy the gym. Good luck.