Adding Food to MyFitnesspal App

Options
It is so difficult to add food. And why isn't there a shared database for all foods. Why do I have to add food for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner etc. Shouldn't I be able to add food, then go to Breakfast Lunch etc and select the food. The scanner thing is not east to add food with either, only to scan!!! Any suggestion how to add food easily? If not I done with my Fitness pal App!!!

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Logging is simple, but it ain't easy. Most people eat a lot of the same foods every day. So yes, it takes time to log something the first time you eat it. But after that, it's in your recent & frequent lists.
  • ATXHeather
    ATXHeather Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I recently switched to MFP from the LoseIt App. I wanted more of a community so made the switch. But it was hard to leave behind all of my stored recipes, favorite meals, etc. I do find MFP to have a more complete database and I have better luck adding food on the computer than through my phone.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's SO difficult that millions of us manage it every day :noway:
  • daw0518
    daw0518 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    After you use MFP for a week or more, it should get easier. The site/app saves the foods you enter, so if you eat the same types of things on a regular basis, it will be on your food list to add next time. Just give it time.
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    I don't use the app. I find a lot easier to use the website. Try this maybe it will help
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options

Why so rude when OP was just trying to get help.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options

Why so rude when OP was just trying to get help.

Rude? I was stating a fact.
  • ohsuzyQ1
    ohsuzyQ1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yes, the "millions of us do it every day" was very rude & doesn't seem to have the intent to help out a newbie, but I'm new to the program too & am still navigating my way through. I do find that the database of foods is very large and easy to find most things...even those that I was sure they wouldn't have! Really liking the create your own recipe feature too!
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Really liking the create your own recipe feature too!
    It took me forever to find in the iOS app:
    Settings > My Foods and Exercises > My Recipes

On the website, it's Food > Recipes
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/recipe/box

Whenever you cook, just add the ingredients plus the number of servings. MFP calculates the calories & macros for you.