losing pounds not inches and I'm strength training!

Options
What the hell! I thought weight training helps lose inches and I have not lost one or even half of one! What am I doing wrong? I do follow stronglifts and do compound moves 3 times a week, for 2 months with a small deficit. Should I include cardio?

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I always go in 10 week increments...so in the first 10 weeks I only lost 3.5 inches..mostly around my middle...

You can include cardio if you want but I say be more patient...make sure you measure in the morning just like when you weigh yourself and try not to weigh yourself the day after lifting...
  • jardimgirl
    jardimgirl Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    It just gets so fustrating seeing others have quick progress and it makes me feel like m doing something wrong
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    It just gets so fustrating seeing others have quick progress and it makes me feel like m doing something wrong

Yes I get that but they may have had more to lose (ie inches) than you did to start...as well there could be a woosh in your future as well...

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/of-whooshes-and-squishy-fat.html

is a good article that explains it.
  • jardimgirl
    Options
    Gonna read that article now. Thanks hunny!
  • lenksa77920
    lenksa77920 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    This is me exactly! I was going to post this myself. I've lost pounds since I started January but hardly any inches anywhere that I measure. However, my SIL said my butt looks smaller, so maybe there. I'm just starting to focus on my macros and making sure I hit my protein goal so hopefully that will make a difference, we shall see. I'm just moving into stage 3 of NROLFW.
  • jardimgirl
    Options
    This is me exactly! I was going to post this myself. I've lost pounds since I started January but hardly any inches anywhere that I measure. However, my SIL said my butt looks smaller, so maybe there. I'm just starting to focus on my macros and making sure I hit my protein goal so hopefully that will make a difference, we shall see. I'm just moving into stage 3 of NROLFW.

It sucks doesn't it! I haven't been getting enoughprotein, could that maybe be it?
  • sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,086 Member
    Options
    Diet is just as important if not more then what you are doing in the gym. I have heard it said and I always tell people you can't workout a bad diet it just won't work. If you are lifting you need to make sure you are getting your protien and macro's. We can't see your diary to check this but you need to be honest with yourself in your diary and make sure you are hitting closer to 25% protien / 1g per 1lb of lean body mass is another way I have read for the amount.