Polar FT4 for tennis?

Options
I recently have been thinking I want to get a Polar FT4. I play tennis at least three times a week and would most likely use it during this. However, I'm not sure a HRM would be accurate while playing tennis considering it isn't a constant-cardio sport. Has anyone had any experience with this? If not, do you think a Polar FT4 would work accurately while playing tennis? Thanks!

Replies

• SweetSammyStar
    Options
    Bump
  • SweetSammyStar
    Options
    Bump
  • 1waj123
    1waj123 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT4 too. Now that the snow has finally melted off the courts and I'm going to try and see how it works out.
  • SweetSammyStar
    Options
    Bump
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    It works accurately for me when I do major yard raking. So I don't see why it wouldn't work for tennis. I have been trying to talk my mother in law into getting one.she plays a lot of doubles.
  • SweetSammyStar
    Options
    I have the Polar FT4 too. Now that the snow has finally melted off the courts and I'm going to try and see how it works out.

Ok. Be sure to let me know how it works!
  • MscGray
    MscGray Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I have a different polar product the polar rs300x...I use it for zumba, indoor beach volleyball, and yoga (i've even used it while disco dancing cleaning)...I'm thinking the features are very similar, and it doesn't need constant cardio, the monitor constantly monitors your heart rate and comes to conclusion on the amount burnt based off the information you put in at the start up (sex ,age, weight, etc). Mine has a "free" exercise mode which is what I use since I'm not running laps, and you control the start and stop times. I can't see why this would not work just fine for tennis. I love my polar!!
  • SweetSammyStar
    Options
    I have a different polar product the polar rs300x...I use it for zumba, indoor beach volleyball, and yoga (i've even used it while disco dancing cleaning)...I'm thinking the features are very similar, and it doesn't need constant cardio, the monitor constantly monitors your heart rate and comes to conclusion on the amount burnt based off the information you put in at the start up (sex ,age, weight, etc). Mine has a "free" exercise mode which is what I use since I'm not running laps, and you control the start and stop times. I can't see why this would not work just fine for tennis. I love my polar!!

This was really helpful. Thank you so much! I definitely hope to buy one soon!
  • ketzlekuato
    ketzlekuato Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I use a cheapo timex hrm for tennis each week. My gf runs a ton during our games and the hrm shows about 800-1100 per hour. Insanity burns about 700-800 per hour for us. Hope this helps.