ladies... i need help

Options
Before I began losing weight, I always had one breast slightly larger than the other, as we do :(

But, now after losing 22 lbs, one breast is significantly smaller than the other, and is leaving me self-conscious.

Has anyone else experienced this? And does it normalise? :(

Replies

• monis01
    monis01 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I haven't experienced this.... But, have heard about it. Have you, talked to your doctor about it?
  • iwantmydenimback
    iwantmydenimback Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Almost no one's boobs are the same size. I have one that's 2 cup sizes bigger than the other. There's nothing wrong, just fat deposits shifting. If you start to notice signs of abnormality like lumps or anything, then you should see a doctor ASAP. Otherwise, welcome to being an actual human female with lopsided boobies!
  • Tigermum9
    Tigermum9 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    My left has always been bigger! but as you lose weight its barely noticed honestly
  • fheppy
    fheppy Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    can be corrected through cosmetic surgery. type into google and you see tons of pictures as its quite common.
  • jenny181111
    jenny181111 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I knew they'd reduce, but I'd hoped they would do it at the same time :(

Its upsetting though, I'd never really cared too much, but the difference seems humongous.

Its good to know its not just me.
  • MrsRatfire
    MrsRatfire Posts: 102
    Options
    AS you exercise and lose, this may improve. Do not panic! After you reach goal, you could have surgery to correct. Just keep on going- it may be drastically different as you go. Take care.
  • bethira
    bethira Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    It's probably much more noticeable to you than to others. I suspect it will normalize as you lose. Remember, no one is looking at you like you're looking at you. We tend to focus on our own perceived shortcomings and we never quite see just how fabulous we are.
  • sinistraltyger
    Options
    @Bethira... Very nice! Quite the inspiration - thanks
  • VCopple
    VCopple Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You could try doing chest specific exercises and limit it to the one side which is larger. Although, now that I think about it, muscle is denser than fat, so is your bigger boob on your dominant side? Maybe you have more muscle under the bigger boob and that is what causes it to look larger. I don't really think my post is helping at all, but I have different sized boobs too, so you're not alone!
  • albionjen
    albionjen Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Don't worry too much. I think every woman has this! It probably will even out a bit over time. For me I seem to have some months where it seems more uneven than others. Luckily for me it seems mostly balanced at the moment or at least as balanced as it ever was, haha :wink:
  • F00LofaT00K
    F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I have always heard that it is normal and healthy for our breasts to vary by as much as one whole cup size. If the difference is larger than that, it could indicate a medical condition (not sure I recall which one). If you're worried, ask your doctor about it.
  • chele1028
    chele1028 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Yes, my one breast was not only at least 2 cup sizes bigger my whole life it was wider and sagged down further, ugh, it was as if I had 2 completely different breasts on my body. For me, it only got worse as I got closer to my goal. So, after reaching my goal, I did elect to get a reduction on the one side and then lifted them both as well almost 2 weeks ago. Very happy I went through with it.
  • jenny181111
    jenny181111 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Thank you all, I'm not alone :)

And if it gets worse I'll visit my GP :) xx
  • nicci3004
    Options
    Keep Smiling your doing so well... as for your boobs in reality theres probably only you that notices.... keep an eye on them for your health but apart from that try to ignore it it will only weigh you down and hurt you emotionally when really theres no need, no ones perfect but we judge ourselves far harsher than anyone else ever would. if your in the uk get a padded bra from debenhams like their own versions of wonderbra they come in all sizes from small to very large and you can remove the padding in one side to even you up. then no one but yourself will ever know the difference! keep up the good work you are an inspiration!!