Weight loss

Options
Could anyone give me some tips on how to lose weight? I have about 60-70 pounds to lose.

Replies

• CorlissaEats
    CorlissaEats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Figure out your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure) and eat less than that amount. Try to move a little more. Its that simple. Try a site like scoobysworkshop.com or iifym.com for a tdee calculator.

For 1lb per week rate of loss eat 500 calories less than you burn in a typical day. Its a healthy rate of loss. Eat enough, there is such a thing as eating too little too.

Keep your eye on the big picture, frustration will happen so the big picture is important. The scale can be impacted by so many things. For me I count the days/weeks since I started and then I compare it to my weight lost. I am at 34 weeks on Monday, and 33lbs lost. It means I am a little behind schedule but weight loss is not linear. My cycle is about to start up so it has impacts for the next 7-10 days, but I take a deep breath and compare my lbs to weeks every Monday to see if there is a problem.
  • BethFox
    BethFox Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    One of the biggest helps to me has been to find foods that I enjoy, that fill me up, have high nutritional value and a low calorie count.

I love my juicer. I make fresh vegetable/fruit juice at least once a day.

I also love my blender. I make smoothies once a day as well. Newest favorite: 1 frozen banana, 2 T. cocoa powder, 1 T. peanut butter, 5 ice cubes, and 1 c. almond milk- blend till creamy. Delicious!

Other then that, eat your veggies, move when you can, get plenty of sleep, and be kind to yourself. Look for victories everywhere. Even if you have a bad meal or day your weight loss journey is not blown. Go for a walk, drink your water, go to bed at a sensible time... end your day on a healthy note.
  • BethFox
    BethFox Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Keep your eye on the big picture, frustration will happen so the big picture is important. The scale can be impacted by so many things. For me I count the days/weeks since I started and then I compare it to my weight lost. I am at 34 weeks on Monday, and 33lbs lost. It means I am a little behind schedule but weight loss is not linear. My cycle is about to start up so it has impacts for the next 7-10 days, but I take a deep breath and compare my lbs to weeks every Monday to see if there is a problem.

Super advice! This encouraged me. THANKS!