Anyone had success with SlimQuick?

Options
I was thinking about trying SlimQuick to help jumpstart my weight loss. My mom used it and it worked for her but I'm much younger, and I'm not sure if it will help. What were your results?

Replies

• alyssanichele2
    alyssanichele2 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Slim Quick is exactly what it sounds like; a quick, short term solution.
    Just a quick google search shows it's $20 a bottle. Take that $20 and invest in a lifestyle change. That will jumpstart your weight loss, and help you get into the mindset of changing your lifestyle.

You won't change a lifestyle with a bottle of pills, but with major changes. That's my two cents at least!

Also, this is what I got off of LiveStrong:
    "Slimquick diet pills are marketed specifically to women, and there are several options available. The Slimquick cleanse is a seven-day jump-start pill for a new diet and exercise routine. Slimquick claims to detoxify your body of toxins and waste. It states it works in six ways: promoting energy, flushing toxins, improving digestion, increasing metabolism, cleansing the colon and balancing blood sugar. There is not sufficient evidence to support the claims of the Slimquick cleanse or the benefits of cleansing regimens."

Your body already cleanses itself for free; don't pay a company to do it for you!
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    I definitely have to reply to this. When I was on my weight loss journey before for my wedding back in 2011, I did weight watchers, ate right and exercised but I definatley did slim quick four times a day. I was conviced that it was the secret to my weightloss. I now know that it was probably all the other things I was doing plus the fact that I was taking in a lot of water and slimquick mixed with water. Pretty much it was expensive crystal light. I am now in the middle of my fourth, yes fourth time of losing weight. I am doing it with no pills or slim quick or anything but still doing all the other stuff that I did before: I am losing at the same exact rate as with the slim quick. My conclusion is that slim quick is a waste of money and psychological. You may as well get you some dollar store crystal light or just drink plain water and save that money for some good whole foods to eat instead. :drinker:
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    OP not being funny here but your profile states you previously lost 21lb on MFP. If you were using the site correctly then I'm betting you already have this. Don't kid yourself about short cuts there are no "jumpstarts" needed.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1175494-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants?hl=start+on+your+path+to+sexy+pants+

If you haven't already. Then read this as a good starting point.
  • alyssanichele2
    alyssanichele2 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    OP not being funny here but your profile states you previously lost 21lb on MFP. If you were using the site correctly then I'm betting you already have this. Don't kid yourself about short cuts there are no "jumpstarts" needed.

No, you are correct. I lost 21lbs here the first time and gained it all back. I was just curious about opinions on Slimquick because I wanted a jumpstart to healthy living. After doing my research, its not the way to go.