NSV! Just thought I'd announce it to everyone!

Options
A couple years ago I was a size 22.

In December, before joining MFP, I was a size 14.

Today, I went shopping for the first time in a while...and I'm in a size 10! Even though my scale isn't really moving around this month, my inches are apparently. Just this time last month I was still in a 12!

Do you have any NSVs you're excited to share? :D

(Edited for bad grammar)

Replies

• enchantedgardener
    enchantedgardener Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I pulled my spring/summer clothes out of storage a couple days ago. It looks like I'm going to have to do some shopping: all my stuff from last year is too big! My summer dresses were sizes 16 and 18, now I'm definitely a 12 or 14 depending on the style/cut. Woohoo!!!
  • RomulanWarbird
    Options
    I pulled my spring/summer clothes out of storage a couple days ago. It looks like I'm going to have to do some shopping: all my stuff from last year is too big! My summer dresses were sizes 16 and 18, now I'm definitely a 12 or 14 depending on the style/cut. Woohoo!!!

Yes!! So amazing! You rock!
  • amg120
    amg120 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Clothing is such a big motivation for me. It's so awesome to go shopping and find out things fit better than you expected!
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! You deserve to shout it out to the world!

My recent NSV is having another big bag of too big clothes to donate. I had a bag a few weeks ago but I found a bunch more yesterday.
  • jeffininer
    jeffininer Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!! I know you did a happy dance in the dressing room!

I was a size 14 last year for my birthday (May). My mom bought me clothes and the pants were a size 8 ( uh, thanks mom). Well I never got around to returning them. I just tried them on today and they fit!!! Holy crap! I haven't been in a size 8 since before I was pregnant with my daughter (7 years ago!). So yeah, pretty excited :)
  • RomulanWarbird
    Options
    Great job!!!! I know you did a happy dance in the dressing room!

I was a size 14 last year for my birthday (May). My mom bought me clothes and the pants were a size 8 ( uh, thanks mom). Well I never got around to returning them. I just tried them on today and they fit!!! Holy crap! I haven't been in a size 8 since before I was pregnant with my daughter (7 years ago!). So yeah, pretty excited :)

That's so exciting!

I actually almost cried. I've never been a size 10, and I was always obese growing up. And I mean obese. I was larger in the sixth grade than I am now, because my parents just never took care of me. They were too busy to cook, so I fed myself ice cream for dinner as a kid. I'm really lucky I don't have diabetes. The best thing you can do for your kids is be healthy. I'm so happy you are and you'll inspire your daughter to be healthy/happy, too.
  • cathylopez1975
    cathylopez1975 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Changing clothes sizes is sooooooo exciting. I went shopping for capris today. I have a pair of white capris that have a couple of stains (and that I can pull off without unbuttoning) that I wanted to replace. I bought the exact same pair, except in a size 8. I was telling the hubs about it when I got home and said that the pair I bought last summer was a 12 so I was down 2 sizes. But then I looked at the tag and the old pair were 14s :smile: Down 3 sizes since last summer. 2 years ago I wore a womans 22.
  • wozkaa
    wozkaa Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    That's a great NSV, OP.

Today I had 32 minutes on the excercise bike at a slightly faster pace than I used to be able to, and didn't die. It helps that the weather is cooler, but it's still a win.

I have 2 little girls and all I want is to be able to keep up with them, teach them good nutrition and self acceptance. To this day my mother still randomly goes on Optislim for a month or two as a solution to gaining weight, rather than learning the right way to do things and I know that has affected how I view diets & nutrition.
  • kota4bye
    kota4bye Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    I just bought some new shorts a few weeks ago, they are already hanging off my hips. We went shopping for some new ones yesterday and I was able to fit into several pairs of 34s. Down from a 38-40 at New years.
  • RomulanWarbird
    Options
    I just bought some new shorts a few weeks ago, they are already hanging off my hips. We went shopping for some new ones yesterday and I was able to fit into several pairs of 34s. Down from a 38-40 at New years.

That's awesome! My boyfriend is in 40s atm, but he's going to be moving in with me soon and wants to start running with me. Plus he'll be eating what I cook. :)
  • sweetxsour35
    Options
    Congrats everyone! My favorite NSVs happen in the fitting room too! OP, if you don't mind, I'd like some of your size 12 clothing, because that's the size I fit into today. Of course, I kid :laugh: , but it would be cool to have an MFP clothing swap. I also bought my very first bikini, and though I might not be the best body on the beach, it's definitely worlds better than it used to be :happy:
  • RobinLynx
    RobinLynx Posts: 60
    Options
    Good going!
  • sushidulces
    sushidulces Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    For the first time in my adult life, I can buy pants from the "medium" section. I have ALWAYS been at least a large. Even in my teens.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!