In need of friends and motivation

Options
Hi there, I'm Devann, I have been on this weight loss journey for a little over a year and in that time I have lost about 115lbs. It sounds like this huge number, this great success but I don't look any different and it has really gotten me down. I get no support from my family and not enough from my friends, even though I've shown them proof they think I am making all of this up I think. I have never felt stronger or eaten this healthy and I know that is the whole point of this but I want to look different and that is the hardest thing for me is that I don't look any different, or not enough. I would love to meet some people that I can talk to or that are going though the same similar journey as me that I can connect with and get motivation from. I need help through this, I'm struggling and I'm afraid of giving up. I have to have surgery in about a week and it will change my life hopefully for the better but in my recovery time I'm scared of falling back onto bad habits, again I just would think this would be easier with some friends and a little motivation. Thanks for reading and I hope to talk to some of you soon.

Devann

Replies

• nlktrish13
    Options
    So am I!
  • abaumann123
    Options
    Hi Devann, my name is Amy. I am 46 working to lose about 100 lbs. 115 lbs sounds like a lot of weight to have lost (way to go by the way). Sorry it is not visible. I think (just my opinion) it depends on your body type and I don't know how much weight you are looking to lose. Feel free to add me as a friend. I will do what I can to help you with your upcoming surgery.

I need support as well it is a long hard road.
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Hi Devann, Im Devin lol. I like your spelling better :) Feel free to add me for support :) I love new friends!
  • Preed1013
    Preed1013 Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi I'll be your friend
  • chocoholicdiva
    chocoholicdiva Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Hi Devann, I'm Jennifer. Wow, you've lost 115lbs? I envy you. It might not seem like a lot, and it mightn't always show up physically, but you've lost a lot more than you know. Remember that wagon full of fat that Oprah Winfrey towed behind her on stage that time? Multiply it. You've lost a lot of that ugly stuff, and it won't be long before it WILL show, the difference will be visible, and you'll need a new wardrobe!!! I thought that'd never happen soon enough for me when I weighed 288lbs myself. I'm now buying off the regular size racks. Thought it'd never happen. I cried the day it came.

You can do it!!! It just takes time. I'm starting over myself. We all have our problems with weight. That's why this site is here. Add me on if you like, my diary is always open. :flowerforyou:
  • gigihotetz
    Options
    I'm always looking for new friends to pass my positive energy onto, and welcome everybody to check out my diary to keep me motivated and on my toes! I'm looking to lose about 20 pounds, and I will lose these 20 pounds!!!!! :)