New to myfitnesspal and very excited to join and lose weight

Options
Hi all,

I am a 48 year old male, who if I do not take lifestyle change seriously will lose many things in my life, including my life. Heart, back, neck, bladder and lord knows what other ailments prompt this change as well as a better self image and improved relationships in all aspects. Not to mention future issues I will likely face such as advanced heart disease, joint replacements, diabetes and so forth.

As the topic suggests, I am on a serious mission to lose a substantial amount of weight. I need to lose 200 pounds which is 50% of my current weight . I wonder why I am tired all the time, have no energy and all the rest. Well, dragging 200 pounds of anything all the time would make anyone worn and tired It did not come on me overnight and will not come off that way either. In a litte more than a year I will be at my goal, in terms of my weight and exercise routine. That is the goal and I intend to meet it regardless of obstacles that prior life events have provided my excuse to overeat emotionally.

I am glad to be here.

Dana

Replies

• drk7
    drk7 Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi all,

I am a 48 year old male, who if I do not take lifestyle change seriously will lose many things in my life, including my life. Heart, back, neck, bladder and lord knows what other ailments prompt this change as well as a better self image and improved relationships in all aspects. Not to mention future issues I will likely face such as advanced heart disease, joint replacements, diabetes and so forth.

As the topic suggests, I am on a serious mission to lose a substantial amount of weight. I need to lose 200 pounds which is 50% of my current weight . I wonder why I am tired all the time, have no energy and all the rest. Well, dragging 200 pounds of anything all the time would make anyone worn and tired It did not come on me overnight and will not come off that way either. In a litte more than a year I will be at my goal, in terms of my weight and exercise routine. That is the goal and I intend to meet it regardless of obstacles that prior life events have provided my excuse to overeat emotionally.

I am glad to be here.

Dana
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Welcome and this is a great place to start. Remember it is not going to come off over night. Make sure you take your measurements too I know that it was very helpful when my body was making changes and I did not see a loss in weight I saw a loss in measurements. Exercise is very important as well. We are all here to make a life style change it is not the amount of weight we need to loose it is about feeling better and being healthy. You can do it. Make sure you read the posts for newbies they were very helpful to me. :drinker:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Welcome & good luck to you, Dana! :flowerforyou:

There's several people here that have lost a substantial amount of weight, you'll be next! :wink:
  • drk7
    Options
    Thanks to all who responded. A nice start to a new life! Teamwork is key and I am certain I have chosen to right place to get the job done!!
  • alifelessevident
    Options
    this place is great for support, so welcome and good luck :smile:
  • Lavendersunday
    Lavendersunday Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Welcome Dana,

You have made one of the best decisions of your life...to choose being :heart: healthy and :happy: !

Glad you are going on this journey with the rest of us.

~Namaste :flowerforyou:

~Mi
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Welcome, you've come to the right place. I'm not going to tell you that it's easy, but it's definately worth it. I'm 49 years old and I lost a little over 100 pounds 3 years ago and it was the best thing I've ever done. I've taken up Mountain biking and made some amazing new friends. I'm here because some has crept back on and I need to get it off. Just do this one day at a time and you'll accomplish amazing things. Post and ask questions whenever you need to or are struggling. There are many people out here who have experienced the same thing and will give you advise.

Think what an amazing 50th birthday present you're giving to yourself
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!

jackie
  • dothompson
    Options
    Where was your main picture taken? I looks like Kam III in Maui.
  • darl
    darl Posts: 12
    Options
    Dana,

Keep the faith and take it one day at a time. I know that you will be very successful and your life will change in amazing ways.
  • drk7
    Options
    Thank you Darlene for your inspiration!!! That is the key to success beyond serious lifestyle changes.
  • p90x_Dude
    p90x_Dude Posts: 332
    Options
    Welcome bro, I've been on the site less than a week and I feel totally welcome. It's an energic site with people serious about their fitness levels and changing their lives for the better. Again welcome and God bless.

Angelo
  • Dmprbst
    Dmprbst Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Welcome we're excited to see you!!! :bigsmile:
  • drk7
    Options
    I wish I had taken the photo! It is simply a commercial photo shot. Hopefully I will be going to Hawaii thinner and trimmer and enjoy all there is to do there.

Have a SUPER day!

Best,

Dana
  • dothompson
    Options
    I wish I had taken the photo! It is simply a commercial photo shot. Hopefully I will be going to Hawaii thinner and trimmer and enjoy all there is to do there.

Have a SUPER day!

Best,

Dana

What a great goal. Maybe it was destiny when you selected this picture.