My first NSV!

Options
jenn8278
jenn8278 Posts: 396 Member
Aside from getting compliments here and there, I really haven't had a whole lot of NSVs. I had one today, and, while small, I was so proud!

Don't laugh at me. Or do. I don't really care! :tongue:

So I bought these workout/yoga pants a few months back. You know, the kind where they are all black but have that little fold over pop of color at the waist band? Anyhow, you're supposed to fold it down so they sit lower on your hips, and then tie them to fit properly. Well, because of my body shape (round and lumpy), any time I would fold the waistband down to show the color, it would just roll right back up No big deal...whatever, I'm a work it progress, right?

Today, I throw them on, and out of habit, fold the band down.

IT. STAYED. :noway:

Like I said, it may be dumb, but it meant the world to me. Especially since I've been pushing through a 3 week plateau.

Ok, you may go about your day now. Include a happy dance for me, if you'd like!

Replies

• drewmmm
    drewmmm Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    That's great! I know how the little things make a big difference! Good for you,keep it up!
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Sounds good to me! Your total loss is good work too !

:flowerforyou:
  • lorarte
    lorarte Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    great job! so pleased for you
  • MissBounceUK
    MissBounceUK Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    That's great! It's those little things that spur you on to continue with your journey - well done and on to the next NSV!!!
  • peonycarol
    peonycarol Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Ha ha ha! That is so awesome! I am on a plataeu right now and looking for just such a boost! Again, I say awesome!
  • DeboraW_55
    DeboraW_55 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Yeah! So PROUD OF YOU!
  • katkins73
    katkins73 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    That is the sort of NSV that really makes me smile and want to squeal :happy:
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    I'll do a happy dance with you!

:happy:
  • Kep2005
    Kep2005 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    woot! It's those little victories that keep us all going! Congratulations your NSV!
  • sushidulces
    sushidulces Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I don't think that's dumb at all! It is great motivation :D I got excited when I could go down a notch on my wrist watch, lol!
  • Linnaea27
    Linnaea27 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    That's great! Somehow pants fitting differently is a BIG deal!! I was visiting my parents last weekend; I raided my mom's closet for some of her pants, because when I was a teenager we could trade pants if we wanted to, but since my first year of college, I haven't been able to fit into her pants anymore (she's around a size 2-4). I pulled on a couple pairs of her pants and they FIT! The waistband was a little tight on some of them, but I could zip and button them and they looked good!

Congrats on your success!
  • elghee123
    elghee123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Big YAHOOoooo!!!

I felt also the same when I put on the old jogging pants that doesn't used to fit me. I felt so happy!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!