Introductio

Options
Greetings,

I finally decided to lose weight. I weigh 245 lbs and I'm 5ft 7 in. I guess my ideal weight would be 155 lbs. I don't know if i set MFP to the right setting. However, sedentary pretty much describes me. I pretty much live at the computer desk. I plan to exercise 5 days a week at least 2 hours per workout. So, I don't know if I have everything set up right. In any case, I've been wondering how to add food you eat if it doesn't come out of a box with the food label. For example, how much calories would a home cooked meal be, if it was made from scratch. Also if anyone can offer advice on what kinds of things to eat or how much calories I should consume a day, because again I don't know if what MFP says is accurate.

Ok so that is my introduction.

P.S. I'm not good with introductions.

Replies

• hexe666
    hexe666 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You can calculate your own. There is a function under the food section of MFP. You add all of the ingredients and it will calculate it for you.
  • HelelbenSahar
    Options
    hmm... could be a problem for some meals, as I don't cook all my meals.
  • Danicacub
    Danicacub Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Firstly, welcome! you are in a great place to lose weight, I have personally lost over 40lbs on MFP over 1.5 years (uk and us accounts) You seem to have great motivation but dont over do it straight away! 5, 2 hour workouts a week might be too much for you to start with, I would struggle with that now, Instead I would suggest a 30min workout (including brisk walks)

Once you start logging your foods the whole system becomes a lot easier to navigate, you can build home cooked recipes, scan meals, or search them, pretty much everything is on here. If not, find the nutritional information online and add it to your foods :)

For your calories, enter all your information truthfully into the goals and it will give you a calorie amount that usually works well for everyone, then when you drop some lbs you can re-do it and it will lower your calories for you. As for food, just make smarter choices, its not easy but imagine your food as your body fuel, the better fuel you put in the better your body will be, get your veggies and protein! and always drink at least 8 cups of water :)

Hope this helps!
  • HelelbenSahar
    Options
    Thanks.