Is it just me????

Options
It seems like there are days where I just can seem to find the time... Prime example today, got up at 9am got breakfast ( 1/2 cup granola ceral with milk) got ready to head into town left he house with my 11 year old son in tow, First stop the dollar store for more hangers, then the mall( vitamins for hubby at GNC, Questions on cell upgrade at radioshack, School supplies at target) after that we picked up lunch at Del Taco by know it's nearly 12:30ish, ( i was good large ice tea and del burritto) then off to walmart 30+ miles away, more shopping school stuff, clothes, groceries. etc. then we can head home since it is now 5pmish, I get home we unload the groceries, get school supp,lies together in back pak for school, make dinner, finish a load of laundry and put it away, eat, jump on the treadmill for 30 min ( which almost killed me) and now I am relaxing for 10 minutes before i have to go make lunches for me and hubby for tomorrow, do dinner dishes and get things straghtened up before hubby gets home from work.

Whew... what a day and all this i dont have a clue other than treadmill time how many calories i may have burned. Anything else is bonus i guess.

Just not enough time in the day some days and tomorrow we can add 8 hours at the office on top of it all... :ohwell:

Replies

• Shellie1069
    Options
    It seems like there are days where I just can seem to find the time... Prime example today, got up at 9am got breakfast ( 1/2 cup granola ceral with milk) got ready to head into town left he house with my 11 year old son in tow, First stop the dollar store for more hangers, then the mall( vitamins for hubby at GNC, Questions on cell upgrade at radioshack, School supplies at target) after that we picked up lunch at Del Taco by know it's nearly 12:30ish, ( i was good large ice tea and del burritto) then off to walmart 30+ miles away, more shopping school stuff, clothes, groceries. etc. then we can head home since it is now 5pmish, I get home we unload the groceries, get school supp,lies together in back pak for school, make dinner, finish a load of laundry and put it away, eat, jump on the treadmill for 30 min ( which almost killed me) and now I am relaxing for 10 minutes before i have to go make lunches for me and hubby for tomorrow, do dinner dishes and get things straghtened up before hubby gets home from work.

Whew... what a day and all this i dont have a clue other than treadmill time how many calories i may have burned. Anything else is bonus i guess.

Just not enough time in the day some days and tomorrow we can add 8 hours at the office on top of it all... :ohwell:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Hey girlie!!! Do you have a HRM? With all that running around, maybe you are burning so many calories you can skip some of your workouts! I'd love to see how many calories I burn being a Mom each day. My kiddos and I have been so busy playing on some days, I forget we are working out! :*)
  • dancegirl1
    Options
    A HRM!!...very smart! (-:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    One suggestion would be to get up earlier and exercise first thing in the morning? That way, you've got it in before the day's events can squeeze it out
  • Shellie1069
    Options
    WELL IT SEEMS THE WORK OUTS ARE GETTING A LITTLE BETTER, I AM NOW USING A TORSO TRACK TWICE A DAY 25 IN THE EARLY DAY 25 BEFORE BED... TRYING TO GET ON THE TREADMILL FOR AT LEAST 30 MINUTES A DAY, ( NOT SO EASY BUT TRY) YESTERDAY I MOWED THE LAWN AND MY HRM SAID I BURNT 450 CALORIES.. NOT TO BAD, THEN WHEN HUBBY GOT HOME WE PULLED SOME BUSHY TREES AND LOADED THEM ON A TRAILER I DIDNT WEAR MY HRM FOR THAT SO DIDNT LOG IT FIGURE THOSE AS BONUS CALORIES.. LOL

MAYBE I AM IMPATIENT BUT I WISH MY TUMMY WOULD JUST GO AWAY... I HAVE AN APPLE FIGURE SO I WEAR A LOT OF BAGGY AND LOSE FITTING CLOTHES, MOST PEOPLE WHO SEE ME WOULDNT THINK I WEIGH AS MUCH AS I DO... BUT I SEE THE SCALE :grumble:

ABBRA KADABBRA, THE FAT AND WEIGHT GO BYE BYE.. WISH IT WAS THAT EASY...

WELL OFF TO DO MORE HOUSE WORK AND GET MY TREADMILL TIME IN.... BURN CALORIES BURN :smile:
  • ladyhawk
    ladyhawk Posts: 101
    Options
    I have been a bad girl today. I consumed almost 400 extra calories and really didn't feel like going to the gym to work it off for pay back. Today was a very bad day for me. I felt deprived so I ate what I felt like eating. Oh well. Tomorrow is another day:sad:
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    A HRM!!...very smart! (-:

Oh yes, very smart indeed! My wonderful, sexy, ans highly smart wife got one a while back, and started using it to moniter her calories burned even while doing general cleaning, etc. That woked so well, that I got one (but got the kind w/o the belly band) and do the same. So now we both can moniter the calories we burn as we do various activities (no, we haven't actually monitered that yet *giggle*), but it does give me a good idea on what "non-workout" activities I can engage in to burn calories. That way, when I'm done, I can log the activity, and the calories burned, as soon as I'm done... and voila! I know then and there just how many calories I have to burn (or actually ingest) to keep on track!

Oh ladyhawk; one day ain't gonna kill ya sister! I was rally worried about the weekend as I don't go to the health club either. But with a HRM, I can engage in calorie burning activities (lawn mowing, srtcking wood, bicycling) and still get in a good day's of calorie's burned. But yes, tommorow is another day, yea! I also tend to look at the week long reports, to get a better handle on what I'm doing, and gives me an indication of trends, etc. So, ya know what sweetie? One day, and 400 calories? Fuggeid 'bout it derlin. :flowerforyou:
  • Shellie1069
    Options
    Hi Lady hawk, Don't fret, tomorrow is another day and even if you can't get to the gym, take a walk, My work out today has only consisted mostly of house work, general cleaning, sweeping, vacuuming, dishes, etc. oh and grocery shopping ... but remember... anything we do that just us off our butts... is exercise.. :wink:

And Jamerz, you are soo right, I got my F6 HRM and I love it, I wear it when i use my tread mill go for a walk along the river or just around the neighaborhood, work in the yard etc. .. I also do general things that I don't log and I consider those calories burned to be bonus....

We all need our lil indulgences every once in a while and not all of them can be made healthy...

Like a nice cold beer after working in the yard sweating your but off all day.. now that is an indulgence that can't be denied... LOL :laugh:
  • Shellie1069
    Options
    One suggestion would be to get up earlier and exercise first thing in the morning? That way, you've got it in before the day's events can squeeze it out

that would work except one lil thing I am sooo NOT a morning person....... really .. ask anyone in my house .. I growl... LOL it is even worse since i gave up my morning Pepsi and Dutch Bros ( a coffee place like Starbucks but better) ... I mostly drink water, or ice tea (home brewed) once every blue moon or so i have a lipton raspberry ice tea or a small soda but usually it taste to sweet... :ohwell:
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Like a nice cold beer after working in the yard sweating your but off all day.. now that is an indulgence that can't be denied... LOL :laugh:

AMEN! :happy: