How do you stop obessing over the weight loss?

Options
I really really really would like to stop obsessing over losing the weight. I would like to do my workout for the day, eat right that day, and move on. It never seems to work out like that though. I usually go overboard with the obsessing.

Any tips on how to stop doing this? I feel like i am setting myself up for failure

Replies

• HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Seems what's worked for me is just keep going and the OCD part fades in time. Pre-planning your meals so you don't have to spend so much time on the diary part can help a TON, same with workouts, plan those out ahead of time as much as you can. Keeping meals/workouts on a schedule can help it become more routine which I find makes it less obsessive for me.

Again, time, that seems to be what did it for me:flowerforyou:
  • amysambora
    Options
    I agree with Becca - time. It's the only thing that helped me. I still have my off days, we all do! But by sticking to a plan, I saw results, and my freak-outs started to subside :) It let me know that I was doing the right thing, I didn't have to constantly worry about it. It's tough, but you'll get there!
  • Baby_Belles
    Options
    FOr me there is a difference between obsessing and just making it like a daily thought and a cautiousness's thought. Once it becomes a normal daily routine like brushing your teeth or showering then it should be better, hopefully. Just don't think of it negatively and obsessing think of it as you being thoughtful towards your body and your goals. :} :D
  • mandyreadsbooks88
    Options
    get out of your house and carry a small notepad in your purse or wallet so you can keep track if you eat/ excersise. the less you are near your fridge the easier it will be. Plan your meals, prep them, and put them in the fridge so when its time to eat you can just cook. Once a week sit down and plan all of your meals so when it comes time to grocery shop there is no impulse buying or hesitation. I have your problem. Its always all or nothing for me.
  • stella77
    stella77 Posts: 282
    Options
    I know that if I start obsessing I will give up sooner or later. So I call this my lifestyle change. I focus on feeling better and having more energy. (i.e. exercising some and eating healthy food - as much as possible)
    And I have set very realistic goals for myself - I don't expect miracles.
    So I take it very slow.
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    No idea because it got worse for me as the months went on. Especially at the end when you don't have much left and you are being totally impatient, but I tell myself every day that it's NOT gonna happen overnight and I will look how I want to look as long as I keep doing what I am doing. Taking it one day at a time.
  • Gallen88
    Gallen88 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Thanks you guys!