I NEED HELP!

Options
:noway: I am 18, in nursing school, and I do daycare. I just started getting back in shape when 3 weeks ago I was in a car accident (21 year old suspended license 2nd offense faulty inspection sister's boyfriend's car.). I sprained my 3rd and 7 vertabrae in my neck and upper back. I also pulled a muscles in my right leg from braking(which saved my life as well as my moms). I have severe whiplash, one of the worst cases my physical therapist has seen. I cannot do a lot and I feel like a fat slob laying on the couch taking medicine all day. My boyfriend tries to tell me I am ok and will start getting back into shape, but I don't wanna wait. I also have panic/anxiety attacks because my father died in an accident. I weigh about 185 and I am 5'6". What foods should I be eating?

Replies

• TwoPointZero
    TwoPointZero Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    No need to eat any particular items, just cut back the quantity a bit to account for your current sedentaryness. If you are laid up, maybe now would be a good time to do a bit of tracking (if you don't do it already). And be disciplined about your "lazyness"; you really need to rest to get healed up!

Good luck!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    You can eat what you like, as long as you're within the daily calorie goal that MFP set up for you. No tricks.

Sorry to hear about your accident! Hope you feel better soon!
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    You lose weight by eating at a deficit. Learn to log everything you eat & drink accurately & honestly. Weigh your food.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

And concentrate on healing! You're not a "fat slob"—you're injured! Be kind to yourself. You'd never talk to friend like that.
  • courtneyeileenn
    Options
    Thanks guys, I am trying to rush my healing and I shouldn't, it makes it worse. I do my physical training everyday even when I don't meet with him. It's hard and people laugh because I can't do a lot, but I'm going to get there!