Getting depressed over weight gain. Would love support!

Options
Hi guys. I started out at 180, lost 30lbs, and now I've gained it all back within a year plus 10lbs. So I'm at 190 now. I teach at a summer camp from June to August, and I was 180 the first time I went there, and 150 the second summer and I don't want to go back my third summer at 190! I've been trying to get back into exercising and eating right, and I'm good for a few days and lose focus. Any support you guys can give me or if you're struggling with the same thing and would like to be friend would be greatly appreciated. I keep the exercise part in my house with either Zumba DVD's, or I've yet to make it through one straight week of Insanity, and now that I'm heavier, it's difficult. PLEASE help! I'm begging!

Replies

• sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :) I'm a big supporter of friends and try to help out as much as I can
  • redflamelily
    redflamelily Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi guys. I started out at 180, lost 30lbs, and now I've gained it all back within a year plus 10lbs. So I'm at 190 now. I teach at a summer camp from June to August, and I was 180 the first time I went there, and 150 the second summer and I don't want to go back my third summer at 190! I've been trying to get back into exercising and eating right, and I'm good for a few days and lose focus. Any support you guys can give me or if you're struggling with the same thing and would like to be friend would be greatly appreciated. I keep the exercise part in my house with either Zumba DVD's, or I've yet to make it through one straight week of Insanity, and now that I'm heavier, it's difficult. PLEASE help! I'm begging!

feel free to add me too. the first 3 weeks are the hardest as that's how long it takes to become a good habit of logging and checking your intake etc. you did it before, so you know you can. If you haven't already then add the app to your phone and tablet etc, so it's easy to log on the go and the bar code thingy is brilliant for getting all the right nutrition info.
    good luck
  • lmjblues
    lmjblues Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    You can do this!! The fact that you are back here and looking for support is a step in the right direction. Just try and take it one day at a time... maybe one MEAL at a time. Track everything!! Even the bad days. I find that looking at those calories is motivation for me. Maybe try changing up the workout routine a little. If the DVD's are doing it for you this time around, go outside and go for a walk. Maybe try a couch to 5k program. Invest in a bike and try riding or maybe hiking for your workouts. Don't get stuck in a rut feeling like you have to do the same thing you did last time. Find something you enjoy doing. If you enjoy it...your more likely to DO it!

Feel free to add me. We can do this together!!

Take care.

Lisa
  • mommasboy3
    mommasboy3 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am just starting out once again. The one thing I found was I was my own wordt enemy. I am now thinking positive and if you need someone to help you I am willing. The more support you have the better. So if you need me I'm here. :flowerforyou:
  • Island_Style20
    Island_Style20 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the push! It's time to get a move on and stop procrastinating at every little opportunity. I appreciate it!