gluten free pizza YAY!

Options
Honeycat89
Honeycat89 Posts: 149
Hi guysss,

I have a new recipe up for cauliflower base pizza. There's so many recipes out there but I like this one because there's hardly any measuring! It's so simple and tastes awesome.

If you google 'sunny side up soph' it's the first post on that blog :) (with pics) If you don't mind the lack of pics then see below for recipe!

Pizza Base Recipe:

♥ 1 small cauliflower head

♥ 2 tbsp almond meal

♥ 1 egg

♥ 2-4 tbsp grated parmesan

♥ 1 tsp garlic powder

♥ Small bunch of basil (or to taste)

♥ 1/4tsp oregano (or to taste)

♥ Pinch of salt and pepper (to taste)

Method:

1. Preheat the oven to 180°c.

2. Put your cauliflower in a food processor and blend until rice consistency.

3. Put cauliflower rice into a tea towel and SQUEEZE as hard as you can to get all the liquid out.

4. For a chewier base put the squeezed cauliflower in an oven for 10-12 minutes to dry out a little.

5. Mix all the ingredients together. It should hold together in a ball.

6. On a greased tray or piece of baking parchment shape the dough with your hand into a pizza base shape.

7. Put into the oven for approximately 20 minutes flipping half way through. (If it starts to go too brown cover with foil.)

8. Add tomato sauce and toppings of your choice to your pizza base and cook until ready.

From vegetable to an italian thin crust and healthy pizza in around 30 minutes!

Replies

• ForTheLoveOfCheese
    ForTheLoveOfCheese Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Sounds amazing! Thanks so much, Soph! Will definitely give this a go, but may have to sub out the almond meal, as we can't seem to get it here.

Yum yum pizza....
  • Annabelliedellie
    Options
    Looks great thanks :) Such an easy recipe to follow too! I've seen so many complicated ones out there. x
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    Aggghhhhhhh! :grumble:
  • Annabelliedellie
    Options
    BUMP. I made this recipe last night it was AMAZING :) Thanks so much Honey. It's chewy and my hubby didn't even know it wasn't dough haha. I did add lots of cheese and toppings but he LOVED it and he's not into health food. I burnt it a little bit :/ haha
    pizza_zps2663156c.jpg
  • Lauriesongs
    Lauriesongs Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe! Always looking for more gluten free ideas.
  • Annabelliedellie
    Options
    You can find the recipe on her blog here :)

http://sunnysideupsoph.com/
  • Honeycat89
    Options
    Looks good Annabell! :) Hope you liked it x
  • Honeycat89
    Options
    Here is a pic of the original one I posted about... the pic above is a users attempt :)

image2_zps8b1c1348.jpg
  • iluvmpiche
    Options
    I *love* cauliflower bread! Can't believe I never considered using it for pizza! Looks yummy. Will have to try it out!
  • blupanda12
    blupanda12 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Tagging to save for later!! Sounds wonderful :)
  • Honeycat89
    Options
    Tagging to save for later!! Sounds wonderful :)

Not a fan of self promotion on here but if you follow my blog you can keep up to date with my recipes and have this one! Google 'Sunny Side Up Soph' should be the 1st link x