Active Friends?

Options
I've had MFP for a while but really only started using it over the last week, and really the past couple days. After a few set-backs, I'm getting back into the swing of working out. In addition to losing weight, I have a big goal this year… to run a 1/2 marathon. Looking for like minded friends to help me stay motivated!

Replies

• schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Add me :D I'm on everyday
  • DeliriumCanBeFun
    DeliriumCanBeFun Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Awesome goal! Mine is to do a century (100 mile bike ride) this year. I first started on MFP quite a while back, but came back at the end of December when I got serious. I'm on everyday too!
  • girly9irl
    girly9irl Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Wow ...that's awesome. Running a half marathon is always something i have wanted to do prior to leaving the 40's.
  • svetzza
    svetzza Posts: 7
    Options
    Hey! I'm hope to run a half marathon next January too, maybe sooner. I broke my ankle at the end of last summer which ruined the opportunity to do some of the runs I wanted to do this year. I just found out I can safely work out again, so I have been slowly trying to do that lately. I have really bad asthma and allergies, so I have to use my inhaler basically every 2 minutes and it's hard for me to work out really, but I am trying to do a little bit every day at least as I know this will also help with my breathing. I'm 5'9 and 185 lbs at the moment, so I'm 20 lbs overweight again. I was at a healthy weight this past summer until my ankle broke. My ultimate goal is to get back to 130 lbs, but right now just focusing on getting to a healthy weight (160). I'd be down to help you stay motivated! :)
  • pmpmaloney
    pmpmaloney Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi there... I started here 10 days ago, and 5 pounds later I'm still here!

My goal is to lose about 50lbs while getting fit, to tackle some big mountainbike rides later in the year...

I'd be happy to keep you company...

Patrick.
  • alisalikeshugs
    alisalikeshugs Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm very active and we can certainly motivate each other :D take care
  • Mindfreak1999
    Options
    Hey add me, I am training for a 150 mile endurance cycle. :))
  • struggletodiet
    struggletodiet Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I give all my friends on here as much motivation and support as i can
  • maryetamfp
    maryetamfp Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

I started logging stuff in about 20 days ago but I'm now on week 6th of my new lifestyle :) I've just started training for a 5k Race for Life I'll be running in June so who knows, maybe I get addicted to running and end up thinking about running a half-marathon as well!

Feel free to add me, I log everything everyday and I've lost 6kg so far (13lbs) (1kg/2lbs per week up to now) and still a long way to go but... I'm happy I took the decision to finally change my life :)
  • Linnaea27
    Linnaea27 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Hi!

If any of you are still looking for friends, feel free to add me. I'm on here pretty much every day (I only rarely miss a day, and then it's only 1 day!) and log everything. I am working on getting fitter now that I'm close to my goal weight, and I love biking and running (though I can't as yet run terribly far-- I'm working on that). I'm very active and exercise pretty much every day.

I'm also good about paying attention to what my MFP friends are doing-- I find that people "liking" or commenting on what I'm doing is super encouraging, so I do the same for others! I like to chat some too, but I try not to create walls of text!!!
  • mikeshostek
    mikeshostek Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Feel free to add me as well, I'm pretty much on everyday and working hard to get to my goal weight by August. I post my food log pretty much everyday, and began eating Paleo style about 2 months ago. I created a FB group/page as well where people post healthy recipes and eating tips so feel free to check it out!

https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/healthyrecipesandcreations/

Mike
  • ThisCanadian
    ThisCanadian Posts: 1,086 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Feel free to add me if you're looking for active and supportive friends. I've been logging consistently for 310 days as of today. I do like to interact with people on my friends list as well. I'm getting back into running but I don't have a goal race this year. Right now my main focus is loosing excess baby weight and exercising 5 times a week.
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    Always willing to accept new friends who are willing to chat or support! anyone feel free to add
  • hellakellasee
    hellakellasee Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    add me as well, and anyone else for that matter. I log daily and I'm always suportive
  • Tminus18
    Tminus18 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me I am back to logging daily and extremely motivated. A good support system is the key to success.
  • treycee883
    treycee883 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi there, i love jogging too! At minute im jogging a mile i just under 10 mins. I log every day and i have an open diary. I dont beleive in diets as they tend not to work so i eat what i want within moderation. Please feel free to add me. And we can support n motivate one another! Good luck on your journey to fitness ????????
  • 86sarahb
    86sarahb Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I log in and log food honestly everyday.

Good luck :drinker: