calorie burn T25

Options
So I bought one of those calorie counter/HRM at walmart approx. $30.00usd (dont have name of device right now) and I did T25 upper focus video with high intensity and it said I only burned 69 calories. IS THAT RIGHT?

Replies

• debraran1
    debraran1 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    That seems very low. Don't know device but I've had some of his around 100 that were mostly strength, some much higher. I think it's hard to do strength with an HRM, so most of the time I don't. I forgot how much is lifting in that DVD.

I'd try it with Speed and see how it is, maybe it will do cardio better.
  • TheKittyCato
    TheKittyCato Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I plan to take it back. I am trying not to get obsessive about this weight loss thing, but I am not see the results that I want. I am wondering if it is worth buying a calorie counter, or do I just need to up the activity. Is T25 enough to lose 1 pound a week? My diet is fairly clean, however, I am not doing the diet plan with that comes with the video. My goal is 10 lBS, does it just take longer with a smaller goal?
  • debraran1
    Options
    Everyone is different. The closer I got to my goal, the weight loss slowed. If you weren't active before and now doing T25, that might be enough for 1lb a week, a 3500 deficit coming from food and calories burned. I'm older and I found I needed more than 25 minutes of cardio most days, not all, to lose 1-2lbs a week. So I had 20, 30, 45 and 60 minute DVD's to balance. Muscle helps you lose but I found T25 (for me) wasn't enough by itself. I like variety so I mixed it up.I never follow diet plans, just eat less of what I like and try to keep it balanced with good food.

See how it goes with watching your calories, not too low, using Speed and strength and tweaking it after a while. It might take a week or two to see results, your body might hold onto water, but take measurements also. I think you'll see results.
  • gerla_k
    gerla_k Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    that's very low calorie burn,
    Does your HRM come with a chest strap to get a more accurate reading ?? I usually burn around 300 - 340 per T 25 workout- lower burn with abs workout usually and still mid 200s. I am in my healthy body weight if that helps.
    In my opinion something's wrong with your HRM . My HRM is polar ft4.
  • TheKittyCato
    Options
    Thank you for the advice and encouragement.

The HRM I have is only a watch type no chest strap ( I was looking for an inexpensive option). I did see recommendations for the FT4, I was just hoping to avoid that investment. How are you using the FT4, is it worth the money?

Oh and BTW, I did BEta cycle RIP T and speed 2,0 HRM said was 520 calorie burn, That is a little better, but I am still taking ti back.
  • gerla_k
    Options
    I personally love my FT4- didn't have any problems with it, I bought it about 3 years ago and it's still works just fine. I only changed the battery couple of months ago and it cost me about $7 :)

How did you like Beta ? I'm starting week 5 of Alpha today- I heard that Beta is much more fun ? Is it true?
  • TheKittyCato
    Options
    I do enjoy the beta phase a lot more, once you complete the 1st week it feels great. It is more challenging on some days, core cardio and my personal favorite speed 2.0 :sad: , but you get a break (somewhat) in between on upper focus dynamic core. I still do the lower focus on some days because this phase does focus on more upper body, and my problem area is lower body. I really enjoy T25 very much. I will for sure go back through another cycle once I have finished.
  • AlissaAngelo
    AlissaAngelo Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Another person here encouraging the Polar FT4. I love mine! I'd venture to guess you burned a bit more during Upper Focus. However, it's not AS high of a calorie burner like the other T25 workouts.
  • debraran1
    Options
    I like Speed 2.0 also, 3.0 is one big burpee. ; ) I don't mind burpeesbut he does 3 or 4 different kinds. You do build up a sweat but I prefer a little less on the floor.

I like Pyramid in Gamma, you do strength moves, sometimes 6 times or 8 or 11...whatever he feels like but you keep building. I bought Gamma on Ebay so it was cheap and I do 3 of the 5 intermixed with Beta,
  • AlissaAngelo
    AlissaAngelo Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Double posted! Oops!
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,156 Member
    Options
    The HRM I have is only a watch type no chest strap ( I was looking for an inexpensive option). I did see recommendations for the FT4, I was just hoping to avoid that investment. How are you using the FT4, is it worth the money?

I have an FT4 and love it. I wear a Fitbit Flex 24/7 so I don't use the HRM enough, but I started T25 three days ago and since it's not in the database I decided to wear it each time I do one of the workouts. I did Total Body Circuit today, mostly modified when I wasn't staring at the screen going WTF and I burned 185 calories. I'm at the point of doing more modified than not and have burned 150-160 calories on the past two days. I hope to see that increase as I progress - right now I'm so sore that I'm fine with these numbers. I got my FT4 on Amazon, the price was good and while I don't use it everyday, I think it was money well spent
  • mistiblake08
    mistiblake08 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I bought a cheapie online from Amazon and used it at work today and while running over the weekend. Really don't think it's accurate because my work is fast-paced and gets my heart beating, but will only read 60-74 beats per minute for some reason. Thinking of selling mine, too.
  • debraran1
    Options
    I have the Ft4 also. For me, I find it most accurate when doing pure cardio, walking, running, etc. When I do floor work, planks, etc. it drops even if I know my heart rate is still up. I don't get crazy about it though, I know it's made for cardio, so I use it then as an average.
    I like it and feel it was worth the money.
  • gerla_k
    Options
    I like Speed 2.0 also, 3.0 is one big burpee. ; ) I don't mind burpeesbut he does 3 or 4 different kinds. You do build up a sweat but I prefer a little less on the floor.

I like Pyramid in Gamma, you do strength moves, sometimes 6 times or 8 or 11...whatever he feels like but you keep building. I bought Gamma on Ebay so it was cheap and I do 3 of the 5 intermixed with Beta,
    I was thinking to get Gamma from Ebay but heard lots of about blank cd's and stuff. IF you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for yours ?
  • debraran1
    Options
    45 but I saw cheaper.....I use top rated sellers with long association if possible. I haven't been disappointed yet. I bought 3 programs one being new.
  • emtuts
    emtuts Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm a 26 year old female and have been inactive for a couple years because of having several surgeries. I'm finally healthy enough to work out again and I just got T25 - I'm wondering how many calories I'll most likely burn per workout with T25 - I'm 26 years old, 5'8" and 240 lbs. Can anyone estimate how many calories I will burn so I can chart it? Thank you!
  • RavenNevermore15
    RavenNevermore15 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hey there emtuts! I've been doing T25 for a while and I will generally burn between 225 and 300 calories per workout. Sometimes I have to modify but for the most part I keep up. I hope that helps!!!
  • RavenNevermore15
    RavenNevermore15 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the advice and encouragement.

Oh and BTW, I did BEta cycle RIP T and speed 2,0 HRM said was 520 calorie burn, That is a little better, but I am still taking ti back.

I spent the money on a Polar FT40 and I've never been happier. It's a solid investment really. Very accurate HRM and the batteries last forever!!
  • JessicaPippen
    Options
    I have a Polar FT60 and I average between 250 to 300 calories burned during T25
  • bluehenjen
    bluehenjen Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Yet another fan of the Polar FT4 here. HR monitors/calorie counters without the chest strap just aren't very accurate. For the alpha phase of T25, I burn around 250 calories per workout (except for the ab workout, which is more like 180). That's normal for me; I tend to burn around 10 calories per minute during cardio. I'm a 38 yr old female, 5'4", 130 lbs and work out regularly; your mileage may vary based on height, weight, etc.