I'm 29 and so may want to do some rather daring things....

Options
BettyandVeronica
BettyandVeronica Posts: 333 Member
Has anyone here done bungee jumping or skydiving. I'm wary of it but would like to try it. Thing is I don't want to look like some frazzled bovine dangling on a bit of rubber tossing her lunch everywhere.

cow_bungee_jumping_zpsef4f411a.jpg

People always feel great after having done it...its just the stepping up to the platform. I'd need a colossal shove or a "King Leonidas" from 300 style kick off the ledge.

Replies

• peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    I loved skydiving and disliked bungee jumping, personally.

Skydiving was amazing and I think I got to just relax and enjoy it after the first couple of seconds, but bungee jumping was different because you're so much closer to the ground. I felt like I was going to smash my head open on the ground the entire time. It wasn't nearly as fun (or as scenic) as skydiving was.

As far as the push to do it...I went skydiving in a plane with no door, just a gaping hole in the side. By the time it was time to jump, I was ready to go with or without the instructor on my back, haha. The scariest part of the whole thing was flying up sitting next to that doorless hole, haha.
  • siport
    siport Posts: 7,429 Member
    Options
    have bungee jumped and that was amazing, if you like the feeling of dropping that is! something supremely fun about swan diving off an object.
  • HedgeHugs
    HedgeHugs Posts: 80
    Options
    *shivers* I'd never skydive OR go bungee jumping! I can't even ride a roller coaster, lol.
  • Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Its always good to move outside of your comfort zone and to try new things. That's one of the ways that we grow as a person.
    Personally, I liked bungee jumping. It was a challenge to get my body to do something my mind was completely against.
  • BettyandVeronica
    Options
    have bungee jumped and that was amazing, if you like the feeling of dropping that is! something supremely fun about swan diving off an object.

Glad you enjoyed it and didn't end up like this guy:

fatsplat_zps9a2853df.jpg

Swan dive...something very scary about that phrase in relation to bungee jumping :)
  • havenrainangel
    havenrainangel Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Both are on my Bucket List of things to do and I am pretty sure we will be doing Sky Diving this summer in Moab, UT. So excited for it!
  • BettyandVeronica
    Options

Skydiving was amazing and I think I got to just relax and enjoy it after the first couple of seconds, but bungee jumping was different because you're so much closer to the ground. I felt like I was going to smash my head open on the ground the entire time. It wasn't nearly as fun (or as scenic) as skydiving was.

As far as the push to do it...I went skydiving in a plane with no door, just a gaping hole in the side. By the time it was time to jump, I was ready to go with or without the instructor on my back, haha. The scariest part of the whole thing was flying up sitting next to that doorless hole, haha.

Uh A plane with no door :noway:

Thats even more scary than skydiving.
  • sadiebrawl
    sadiebrawl Posts: 863 Member
    Options

Glad you enjoyed it and didn't end up like this guy:

fatsplat_zps9a2853df.jpg

Swan dive...something very scary about that phrase in relation to bungee jumping :)

I CAN'T UNSEE THAT!!!!

I want to cliff dive into an ocean.
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I did some skydiving back in college at the Air Force Academy (no it wasn't where I attended college). It was great and one of the only places where you don't tandem jump your first time. It was a rush. I hope you enjoy it if you choose to do it.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Skydiving is amazing.

We went while we were in vacation in Florida to one of the few places that lets you go as high as 18,000ft. It was amazing, exhilarating and we were on an adrenalin high for the whole day after!

I definitely think it's a bucket list item that most people NEED to try once.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options

So true! The wait to get into the plane, and the flight up is the worst!

Once you jump, it's amazing. Free falling is so sweet, and the parachuting after it so relaxing and amazing to look around at the views.
  • ooBombshellBeautyoo
    ooBombshellBeautyoo Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I went skydiving for my 18th birthday- will never regret it, but I didn't get the whole experience as my chute did not open and we had to use the reserve chute. Hearing "uh-oh" 13,000ft in the air is NEVER a good thing! We landed in someone's back yard with a dog charging at us... it sure makes for a good story now, didn't think so at the time!
  • hush404
    hush404 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I would LOVE to go skydiving :)
  • BettyandVeronica
    Options

So true! The wait to get into the plane, and the flight up is the worst!

Once you jump, it's amazing. Free falling is so sweet, and the parachuting after it so relaxing and amazing to look around at the views.

Do they give you a sick bucket on the flight up.I will definitely be needing one of those.

You wear a onesie for skydiving right? Oooh that could be a problem.Don't want to be stripping off in order to...um...do they have a toilet on board?!
  • BettyandVeronica
    Options
    I went skydiving for my 18th birthday- will never regret it, but I didn't get the whole experience as my chute did not open and we had to use the reserve chute. Hearing "uh-oh" 13,000ft in the air is NEVER a good thing! We landed in someone's back yard with a dog charging at us... it sure makes for a good story now, didn't think so at the time!

I would just faint mid air if the chute didnt open, hope and pray Iit wouldnt hurt when I hit the ground.There is also the unpleasantness of liquefying when you hit the ground.Ewwww!
  • lookin4gains
    lookin4gains Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Personally I've done both and if I were to offer advice to either, I would definitely say skydiving. The free fall is an amazing rush, but once the chute opens there is an amazing silence that happens. Looking past your feet at the ground below is just so peaceful. Everything just seems so far away. Letting go and acceptance of your life thus far and the risk of dying, when I landed I had a different outlook on life. I've gone several times since then. It's a pretty amazing thrill.