bread or wraps??

Options
emkoak
emkoak Posts: 21 Member
Hi trying to lose weight is it better to have a wrap or bread?

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Have whatever you like. You don't have to cut ANYTHING out of your daily diet. Just fit it into your calorie goal.
  • ThisCharmingFellow
    ThisCharmingFellow Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    As above, choose whichever you prefer.

I just go with what I fancy at the time but I probably eat more wraps than bread rolls. Just wish the lower carb (and calorie) ones were readily available here in the UK.
  • evastria
    evastria Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Pitta bread is pretty low in calories and you can really stuff them full of yummy nutritious fillings.
    English breakfast muffins seem pretty low in calories too - and they look pretty filling.
    But to be perfectly honest you should eat what you're in the mood for. I try to avoid baguettes etc but sometimes you just crave them and thats ok - depriving yourself will make you feel deprived and make your journey less fun and rewarding.
  • slk_5555
    slk_5555 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Eat which ever you prefer. I used to eat a lot of wraps - I never bothered with 'low cal' wraps because basically there were just smaller. Lately I've been buying a really tasty multi seed bread - for the same cals as 1 wrap I get 2 generous slices, it's so tasty & far more filling. I don't bother with white bread, as it isn't filling & makes me very bloated. For me, satisfying hunger us also about satisfying my taste buds:-)
  • starrylioness
    starrylioness Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I eat both, though I do try to have a low calorie bread. I like the 100 calorie Nature's Own sandwich rounds. They're really good and whole grain. But really, pick which one you like and what you feel fits best into your calorie count.
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Depends what I'm eating, and whether the wraps are flexible enough to be rolled. As long as it fits into the calories you are targeting does it really matter?
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Both!
  • luca15306
    luca15306 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Maybe bagels? can get some lovely ones with nuts and seeds etc!
    My friend once lost a lot of weight having one at lunchtime, with salad etc, they are quite high in calories, but very filling!

I tend to avoid bread/wheat based products altogether, and make a wrap from large lettuce leaves! also quite filling when stuffed with chicken and tomatoes etc.
    best of luck :) x
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Whatever you prefer... But I do prefer wraps......There so yummy!!!
  • aliceclutz90
    aliceclutz90 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    There's a new bread out in the UK called "hilo" - 8g of protein per slice and 5g of carbs about 82 cals per slice I think - just tastes like normal bread so is quite good if you are trying to go low carb :)
  • SharonNehring
    SharonNehring Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I like Mission Carb Balance tortilla wraps, 6 net carbs, 13gm fiber, 5 gm protein if I'm remembering correctly.
  • bigfatguy3
    bigfatguy3 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    nickles makes a low cal bread that is 70 calories for 2 slices if it is available for you. comes in italian and multi grain. good luck!
  • tink11464
    tink11464 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I eat Nature's Harvest Whole Grain 40 calorie bread - - 80 calories for 2 slices, 10 net carbs
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    One isn't better than the other. I like to buy 90 calorie tortillas and 90 calorie (2 slices) bread so I can interchange them without worrying about the caloric cost.
  • missyjane824
    missyjane824 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Lately my go to has been bagels. Thomas makes bagel thins that are 110 calories. It's a good substitute if you can't fit a whole bagel into your day.
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Which one has fewer calories? Some wraps are high in calories, some breads are high in calories so without mentioning specific products, it's an impossible to answer question.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Both!!