hmmz - Struggling to up my calories with out carbs

Options
Ive been tracking my calorie intake for a long time and i struggle to up my calories IM over weight and loosing weight so maybe i should worry but today ive spent 2 hours digging overt he garden and ive been on an 5 miles walk as well walking to the garden center and back carrying paint and compost (about 2/3 miles away) and ive eating 900ish calories with out adding carbs to my meals how can i bulk them out to up my calorie intake as mfp says i would be eating at least 1600 if not a little more?

I cut out sweet drinks a while ago i drink only water coffee and apple juice now (apple juice has like 200 calories a glass so 2 ish a day nets me another 400 ish calories but its very sweet and i worry about the sugar intake

I would add that im trying to eat low carb diet as i was recently diagnosed with pcso

Im not junk food fan or bit meat eater i have fish a few times a week but i think over all i eat quiet healthy does anyone have any advice as to how to up my calorie intake in a healthy manner with out feeling sluggish

Replies

• BootCampCrazy
    BootCampCrazy Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I drink a protein shake or two during the day. I like the optimum nutrition one & premier protein. Might be worth trying. Protein is uberly important, especially on a low carb diet.
  • fablevins
    fablevins Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I would add nuts to your food plan. They are calorie dense and nutritious.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    bacon, lean meats, avocado, add oils/full fat options, nuts, nut butters.
  • Anahita_Swims
    Anahita_Swims Posts: 4,127 Member
    Options
    i dont like nuts! :) i like nutella but thats more chocolate than nuts i dont think it counts :) my fat intake it quiet high!

I ike the protien shake idea but dislike all the chemicals! I tried adding a glass of milke to my ting today that gave 7g of protien so maybe 2 glasses of milk a day could do it:)
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Full fat dairy, fattier cuts of meat, eggs, butter,
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    Butter, olive oil, coconut oil, cream and cheeses are staples for me. You can keep things simple and just add some butter and shaved cheese to your veggies, cook with butter and oil, or make some delicious high fat sauces. Once you get over the low fat mindset it's easy to add fat to your meals in ways that enhance the flavor (and nutrition) of whatever you're eating.

The fat doesn't add a lot of bulk to your food so you don't feel like you're stuffing yourself but will keep you satisfied and full for hours.