Turkey Burger recipe?

Options
mg_alva
mg_alva Posts: 37
I have some ground turkey that I need to use up. I need a simple, yummy recipe for a single turkey burger. I tried looking online but all the recipes call for 4 servings AND are all fancy shmancy. I don't have half the ingredients they require and don't want to go out and buy them for one single patty. Any suggestions? I do have light feta cheese. Can I do anything with that?

Replies

• Mizzl52386
    Mizzl52386 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Add some onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper , mix in the feta. Grill or broil and top with veggies if you have them like cucumber, and red onion with a bit of light ranch.

I make turkey burgers by mixing busch's grilling beans with the turkey meat and it's awesome :)
  • kristendeyell
    kristendeyell Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I love both of these recipes.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2013/07/naked-turkey-bruschetta-burger.html

Naked Turkey Bruschetta Burgers
    Skinnytaste.com
    Servings: 5 • Size: 1 burger • Old Points: 6 pts • Weight Watcher Points+: 7 pt
    Calories: 288 • Fat: 14 g • Carb: 10 g • Fiber: 2 g • Protein: 27 g • Sugar: 0 g
    Sodium: 169 mg (without the salt) • Cholest: 10 mg

Ingredients:

1/4 cup chopped red onion
    1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
    1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
    kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
    3 medium vine ripe tomatoes
    2 small cloves garlic, minced
    2 tbsp fresh basil leaves, chopped
    3 oz part skim mozzarella, diced

For the turkey zucchini burgers:

1.25 lbs 93% lean ground turkey
    1 small zucchini, grated (1 cup, or 5 oz)
    1/4 cup seasoned whole wheat breadcrumbs
    1 clove garlic, grated
    1 tbsp red onion, grated
    salt and fresh pepper
    oil spray

For serving:

2 medium tomatoes, sliced into 10 thin slices
    4 loose cups baby arugula

And this one...

Buffalo Turkey Burgers with Blue Cheese Broccoli Slaw
    Skinnytaste.com
    Servings: 5 • Size: 1 Burger • Old Points: 8 pts • Points+: 10 pts (8 pts no bun)
    Calories: 358 • Fat: 15 g • Protein: 38.3 g • Carb: 22.7 g • Fiber: 5.6 g • Sugar: 5.9

Burger and slaw only - (no bun, no cheddar cheese):
    Servings: 5 • Size: 1 burger w/ slaw • Old Points: 5 pts • Points+: 6 pts (no slaw, 5)
    Calories: 208 • Fat: 9.5 g • Protein: 24.3 g • Carb: 6.7 g • Fiber: 1.6 g • Sugar: 1.9 g

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups broccoli slaw
    1/4 cup skinny blue cheese dressing (I use light mayo as I don't like blue cheese)
    2/3 cup grated carrots (grate in food processor)
    1 clove garlic, grated
    1 tbsp red onion, grated
    1/4 cup Franks Hot Sauce
    salt and fresh pepper
    oil spray
    5 slices reduced fat cheddar
    5 whole wheat burger buns (I used Martin's 100 calorie Potato Whole Wheat Buns)
  • celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • JessG11
    JessG11 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    My recipe:

Ground Turkey 16 oz
    Progresso - Bread Crumbs (Italian Style), 1/8 cup
    Onions - Raw, 1/8 cup, chopped
    Egg White - Large
    Garlic Clove, 1 Clove, crushed
    Sea Salt, 1/4 teaspoon
    Black Pepper, 1/2 teaspoon

Makes 4 patties, 138 calories per serving

I make 4 patties and freeze them for later use.
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I just made some on the grill. I added 1 Tbsp. light mayo and the zest of a lime, salt and pepper to 1 lb lean turkey. Then formed four patties with olive oil on my hand. They were really good. I would say use a 1 tsp. of mayo and a few grates of lime zest for one burger.
  • weightedfootsteps
    weightedfootsteps Posts: 4,349 Member
    Options
    I'm easy to please with turkey burgers...make em just like I make regular hamburgers.

I use some Lawry's seasoning salt and Mrs. Dash on top of the patty and fry em after putting a little olive oil in the pan. melt some cheese on top...and done.

My kids love them this way and no point adding more ingredients than needed in my opinion. I top with lettuce, onion, tomato, and some miracle whip lite between a bun or reg. bread... sometimes switch out miracle whip with a little ketchup and mustard....simple and yummy.
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :love: These look AWESOME!! I must try some of them SOON!!
  • caranais
    caranais Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    finely chop some onion, fry it until translucent not brown, mix in with turkey, onion powder, garlic powder (I like a little chilli in there too, salt and pepper, mix it all up and make a patti. If you roll it into a ball, put your thumb in (but not right through, put the feta in the dent and cover over with the mixture, then flatten into a pattie you would get a lovely cheesy filling - yummy. Maybe go easy on the salt as feta is quite salty. Just cook until hot right through, but don't over cook as turkey can get dry. Usually when I make turkey burgers I put half and half lean ground pork and half turkey. It tastes great too xx
  • __hannah_
    __hannah_ Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    If I'm only making 1 or 2 burgers for a quick dinner I just add a little of whatever seasoning I have in the cupboard (salt and pepper, southwest, or even taco, etc.) and grill it on a flat pan. At the same time I just butter some bread and grill it along with the turkey burger, and then put cheese and barbeque sauce on it and enjoy.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    My turkey burgers consist of ground turkey, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. Minced onions and/or garlic salt if I'm feeling fancy. No recipe. If I wanted to add bread crumbs and eggs and stuff, I'd just go ahead and make a meatloaf. :)
  • 1HappyRedhead
    1HappyRedhead Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I just put some Montreal steak seasoning and ground cumin in mine...
    hearty taste with a little kick and few ingredients! :bigsmile:
  • raggiemom
    raggiemom Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    these all sound yummy!
  • MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    bump
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    My turkey burgers consist of ground turkey, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. Minced onions and/or garlic salt if I'm feeling fancy. No recipe. If I wanted to add bread crumbs and eggs and stuff, I'd just go ahead and make a meatloaf. :)

Seconding the worcestershire. I just had turkey burgers last week and I put spicy barbeque sauce, cheddar cheese, avocado, pickles and red onion. Was bangin'.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    My recipe:

Ground Turkey 16 oz
    Progresso - Bread Crumbs (Italian Style), 1/8 cup
    Onions - Raw, 1/8 cup, chopped
    Egg White - Large
    Garlic Clove, 1 Clove, crushed
    Sea Salt, 1/4 teaspoon
    Black Pepper, 1/2 teaspoon

Makes 4 patties, 138 calories per serving

I make 4 patties and freeze them for later use.

This is exactly how I make mine too, and I've mixed in feta before which is delicious so go for it!
  • charli0329
    charli0329 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Just made these this weekend so perfect timing! I had a pound of ground turkey, 1/8 c honey balsamic dressing, two handfuls of cajun seasoning, 2 handfuls of italian seasoning, 1 handful of smoked maple seasoning.
  • texaswango
    Options
    I mix the ground turkey with a homemade salsa. I put a couple of tomatoes, a chopped onion and a jalapeno or two in a pan and dry saute to get them caramelized a bit, then put in the microwave covered in plastic wrap and cook, throw in the food processor with some cilantro and a little salt and pepper and blend then add that into the turkey meat. Gives added moisture since the turkey gets dry easily and then imparts tons of flavor with barely any calories since the salsa is just the tomatoes, onion, jalapeno, and cilantro.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    I just throw in finely chopped onion, garlic, sundried tomato and fresh basil, mix it well with the meat, and grill.
  • addiec1
    addiec1 Posts: 101 Member
    Options

For the turkey zucchini burgers:

1 small zucchini, grated (1 cup, or 5 oz)
    1 clove garlic, grated
    1 tbsp red onion, grated
    salt and fresh pepper
    oil spray

I second the skinny taste zucchini burgers, I've used grated carrot instead of zucchini and its equally good. You don't anything else with these. And they reheat really well so you can eat the leftover burger the next day.