Eating Healthy on Vacation

Options
Hi Guys!

In a few weeks I will be driving to Tennessee from Wisconsin (~8hr drive) with a couple friends and we will be staying for 4 days. We have a gym at our hotel, so working out shouldn’t be an issue, but I wanted to get some tips/advice on eating healthy while on vacation (I will be allowing myself to indulge a little – it is my vacation after all – but I don’t want to end up going too far overboard.) I could really use some advice for healthy on-the-go snacks for the drive as well (I get car-sick if I don’t snack every so often.)

Thanks!

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Stick to salads with dressing on the side, be mindful of the toppings, or go with grilled meat without sauce and grilled veggies - can't go wrong with that.

Or go to chains and check their website for nutrition info.

For snacks - nuts, trail mix, fruit, protein bars, dry cereal...
  • olenka_levina
    olenka_levina Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    We are going on our first European vacation next week and I am going to pack some organic grass-fed beef sticks (high protein, low carb, low calorie), veggies (like baby carrots and sliced zuccini), Quest bars. I normally do not eat protein bars as I try to stay away from processed foods and have been eating mostly Paleo. But Quest bars seem to be one of the best options out there. You also pack some almond butter sandwiches with apple slices ( I use Paleo grain-free bread).