Scale stuck..... Now what?

Options
I have lost 10lbs but have atleast 20 to go. I have been working out daily on my elliptical for atleast 60 min a day but I shoot for 90. I am keeping my cals to under 1300 a day but my scale hasn't budged in a week. Do I need to add a different exercise or up my time? As for intensity, I try to push myself every couple of min..

Replies

• LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? What do you weigh currently? Perhaps open your diary - are you logging everything and weighing it, too?

These are things to know that would help us to help you.
  • EllenTebbits
    EllenTebbits Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Not sure this will help you or not as we are all different, but I find that the more water I drink the better my weight loss-not only does it make me feel fuller, sometimes i mistake hunger for thirst, and I think water helps with overall elimination.
  • selfmom5
    selfmom5 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5 and currently weigh 171.... Yes I am logging everything I eat.... I want to succeed at losing weight! I drink 3-4 32oz waters a day
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Maybe try and mix up your workout routine? I suggest either HIIT or lifting thrown in there. Also I remember reading somewhere that intense, continuous cardio for over 45 minutes or an hour eats up your muscle. You could try doing 30 minutes of cardio and 30 minutes of weight training instead of pure cardio.
    I hit a semi-plateau recently, didn't lose any weight or inches for over a month, kept fluctuating, and actually gained a bit while still eating at a deficit. To get out of it, I ate at maintenance for around 10-12 days, and two days ago started eating at a deficit again, and I dropped four pounds suddenly.
    I think you just have to play around with your calories and your workout.
  • corgarian
    corgarian Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    This is not going to make sense, but you are actually not eating enough compared to how much you are working out.

I'm the same height and weight as you and since january I've lost 17lbs (about 5 inches to my waist) eating between 1600-2000 calories a day. Granted I do waaay less cardio than you, I lift weights.

Also measure yourself, the scale is a dirty lier.