zumba Kinect

Options
I got dance central for kinect and I have been a dancing fool since x-mas I sweat more then going to the gym. I am thinking of buying the zumba but have read bad reviews. Has anyone used it and what do you think.

Replies

• manleyzoo
    manleyzoo Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I have used the beginning DVDs in the Zumba line. I love the music and dance, but found that I am a bigger clutz than I thought. The steps are kinda hard but I have not had any dance classes as a child. Maybe someone with a dance background would have an easier time. I am going to keep at it though, maybe as I loose the weight it will become easier for me.
  • girlruns
    girlruns Posts: 344
    Options
    I just got a Kinect too! Well, I bought it for my husband...

Does the Dance Central really give you a good workout? We were thinking of getting that instead of an exercise specific one because we could play it with others then.

Sorry I don't have input on the Zumba game, but I've also heard bad things...
  • yellowfairy
    yellowfairy Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I got it for the Wii for Christmas, and LOVE IT! I have only played it twice, but-I am in love. I haven't seen the Kinect, but have heard good things, so I would think that it would be even better on it. It has tutorials-which I totally need, but I have also been able to stumble along with the routines also:) :laugh:
  • hellokatee
    hellokatee Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I played Dance Central at my parents house and it was an EXCELLENT work out! I sweat a ton and started to get worse and worse scores because I was getting tired! I'm not sure about the Zumba game, but I have read good reviews about The Biggest Loser game for the Kinect! Just a suggestion!
  • melatwork
    Options
    My husband and I got an Active 2, and it monitors your heart rate and everything. It's made by EA and it's in with the accessories. I was hoping for one with yoga, but maybe next time :wink: He has lost some weight with it already but I have yet to try it. It does give you a trainer and lets you pick what you want to work on, though, and it's for the Kinect.
  • TaneeisFitforLife
    Options
    I love Dance Central!

Zumba has bad reviews & I hesitate to spend $50 on a game with the ratings it has.
  • marisol7649
    marisol7649 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I just got a Kinect too! Well, I bought it for my husband...

Does the Dance Central really give you a good workout? We were thinking of getting that instead of an exercise specific one because we could play it with others then.

Sorry I don't have input on the Zumba game, but I've also heard bad things...

I got dance central for x-mas and it does give you a workout. I have been sweating so hard more then when I workout. I enjoy it and give it all my best when I dance. My hair is all sweated and matted after dancing. I have been eating flan do you know how many calories that thing has. I still have lost weight and it is all about the dancing. Get it and when you do it try your hardest. They have a section in the middle of the workout called freestyle. I never freestyle I am so worn out with the moves!!
  • marisol7649
    marisol7649 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I love Dance Central!

Zumba has bad reviews & I hesitate to spend $50 on a game with the ratings it has.

I was wondering about that. Zumba classed rock. Oh well, Thank you!!