Is it really possible to get enough Protein??

Options

Replies

• Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Ahi Tuna, Tilapia and Swordfish are extremely low in calories and have a crapload of protein. I eat these often.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Does someone in here need some more protein? PM me I think I can help.....
  • Leather_N_Lace
    Leather_N_Lace Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I am supposed to take in about 130g a day. I use nut butters, eggs, chicken, tuna, greek yogurt, nuts, grass fed no hormone or antibiotic treated meat...
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I get an average somewhere around 110g/day without protein powder (125-130 with the shakes). I have protein with every meal, and 4oz is NOT a bloody portion. I often have eggs for breakfast, either in pre-made quiche form or scrambled, with spinach, feta, and ham. Leftovers are used a lot for breakfast and lunch. I make huge portions of meat, cube it, and then portion them out in baggies to put in the freezer: ham, steak, turkey, chicken, ground beef, pork chops. I also do this with my favorite veggies. You can then add these to cans of soup, pasta dishes, eggs, warm with bbq sauce for a sandwich, mix with beans and cheese for burritos, warm and put on salads etc.

I also make meatloaf, with lean meat and some veggies, in muffin tins to freeze. Convenience is key.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options

2ik34as.jpg
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options

Are you suggesting a protein shake? PM sent!!
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options

+1
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    HA, this thread made it to page 2 before someone said you don't need that much protein anyway...

I just won a bet...pay up mofos...
  • BobOki
    BobOki Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I easily break well over 2-5x my protein recommended. I can't seem to get enough fiber. I mean who the hell eats 30g of fiber?!?!
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    I easily break well over 2-5x my protein recommended. I can't seem to get enough fiber. I mean who the hell eats 30g of fiber?!?!

Raises hand...
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options

You look like you could use a coach....
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options

You look like you could use a coach....

Oh no... I'm already an expert. :wink:
  • lizzardsm
    lizzardsm Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Sarauk2sf posted this awesome thread about efficient protein sources. Sorted by all food groups, vegetarian friendly, and vegan friendly

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/926789-protein-sources
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Sarauk2sf posted this awesome thread about efficient protein sources. Sorted by all food groups, vegetarian friendly, and vegan friendly

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/926789-protein-sources

Excellent tool.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options

High fiber tortillas with your breakfast. White beans, navy beans, pink beans, lentils.... I hit 30 grams most of the time.
  • GertrudeHorse
    GertrudeHorse Posts: 646 Member
    Options

Some days I get 50 grams of fibre! It's a rare day that I exceed my protein macro though...
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    Heh... she said "tool".

Raises hand...
    30 is a very low day for me. I'm usually in the 40-75 range.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options

Who doesn't?
  • pettychia
    pettychia Posts: 109 Member
    Options

Raises hand...
    Joining the club...
    Screen_Shot_2014_04_14_at_3_34_31_PM.png
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options

I'm generally around 40 grams of fiber...