Beautiful at 50

Options
I went to my hansom doctor today and he told me I have to lose 15lbs or he would have to put me on meds to control my cholesterol. So....here I am, trying to be beautiful and healthy at age 55. My daughter lost 20 lbs here...so now its my turn. I want to be 5 lbs lighter by her graduation on May 22. I weight 184 lbs...too much for 5.6" me. Day 1,
89 to go....Hope they help me maintain my weight...that's hard for me. I used their food diary and will be adding extra exercise: biking 3 times per week, as well as walking daily. Wish me luck !

Replies

• janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Good Luck! Once you get started tracking calories,it becomes a habit. I started at the end of February and I have lost 11 pounds. You never realize how many calories u eat until u count them.
  • lcyama
    lcyama Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    five pounds in five weeks... you can do it!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!

I agree that sometimes it's just a matter of being aware of what you are eating. We don't realize how many calories some foods have, or how big our portions really are, either. My advice to you is to focus more on what you're eating than exercise, at least at the beginning. You can't walk off bad eating. Use a food scale and weigh your food before you eat or drink (most beverages have calories, too!) it so you have an idea of the portions you are consuming. The second part of that is to log absolutely everything you eat, no matter how insignificant you think it is; it all adds up and some things will definitely surprise you.
  • Keep_The_Laughter
    Keep_The_Laughter Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Positive attitude + self awareness + a reasonable plan = already beautiful!

Best of luck moving forward and don't forget to pamper your feet a little if you are going to be walking daily. A good pair of walking shoes and a foot bath of epsom salts are 2 easy helpful things you can do for yourself while you are transitioning to your new daily routine.