Jamie Oliver 30-minute meals

Options
Hi,
Does anyone know if the Jamie Oliver 30-minute meals have nutritional values? I love the idea of this kind of cookbook, but want the see the values :)

Replies

• doconnell93
    Options
    everything has nutritional values, simply type in anything to the food tool (the raw ingredients) and see.
  • geeky1
    geeky1 Posts: 142
    Options
    I realize that, however am looking for cookbooks with at a glance info.
  • BigGail
    BigGail Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Watch out for Jamie - his food looks lovely but OMG I nearly have a coronary just watching him add "a pinch of salt"
  • doconnell93
    Options
    @kwirky I don't know of any cookbooks with at a glance nutrition guides (someone should write one). But if there is something you eat a lot of (like Jamie's stir fry chew main for example (not saying you are this is just the only recipe of jamie's i know off hand)) then you can look it up once and make a word document with the recipe and the nutritional information on it. doing this does 2 things 1 is you have it for later look up and 2 writing/typing it will help you remember off hand the recipe (and maybe even the nutritional info).

@BigGail Salt isn't always bad for you. (like if you have a low sodium count) Salt is used to bring out the flavor of things (as is black pepper) and of course you don't have to follow exactly what jamie does. you could add a small pinch of salt or use sea salt (I've heard its better then regular table salt) But I will say this against salt, (Hopefully I'm remembering this right) salt makes you hold water, which when your trying to lose weight is a somewhat bad thing. but we must remember there is the good and bad in everything. so use salt just not the amount that jamie uses.
  • ironsister
    ironsister Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I think the Tosca Reno Eat Clean Cookbook may have nutritional values at a glance. I know that recipes in her other books and in the Oxygen Magazine always list the number of servings and nutritional value per serving. I agree with you more cookbooks should list this information. Also, check out the Hungry Girl cook book...again, I am not positive but pretty sure.
  • geeky1
    geeky1 Posts: 142
    Options
    Thank you so much. I have the Tosca Reno book, but like many other books, have only skimmed this. Time to pull it out. I actually picked up the biggest loser cookbook which has nutritional values against each meal. The food actually looks okay, but the proof will be I the pudding, as they say :)
  • CassandraD82
    CassandraD82 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm going to put in some of his meals (my sister just bought the cookbook) to see how they come out.

Unfortunately I can't help you much with the cookbooks advice - except to exclaim with surprise that you can't find good cookbooks with nutritional information printed for each recipe at a glance - I'm in Australia working out of Australian cookbooks.

Perhaps look at diabetes cookbooks? I've got a great cookbook that's aimed at diabetics but really they're just full of healthy receipes most of which are low in calories too.
  • emilybrittain
    Options
    Jamie's book doesn't have nutrional values - I've been adding them in manually as recipes and saving them.

BBC Good Food website and magazine is very good for nutrional values - they give the value for calories/carbs/protien/salt/sugar/ fats etc. Definitely worth looking at - I got myself a subscription as it it so easy and they have a very good range of nutrional recipes.

Hope that helps!