Good, simple lunch ideas?

michelleneli
michelleneli Posts: 132 Member
:smile: Ideas please.

Replies

• _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    What kind of calorie range are we looking at?
  • michelleneli
    300-600 calories, no dietary restrictions
  • sstevenson2233
    sstevenson2233 Posts: 6 Member
    Egg White omelette with spinach baby tomatoes and partly skimmed mozzarella and whatever other vegetables you like....with toast.... or soup with grilled cheese, using Kraft cheese slice? Not super creative. Ummm a lean turkey whole wheat wrap with a Banana blended in milk (it feels like a milkshake)
  • 4aces61
    4aces61 Posts: 292 Member
    check my diary for some ideas. It's public. Most of my meals could be eaten at lunch.
  • Mohauk
    Mohauk Posts: 2 Member
    If you need a quick lunch on the run, WaWa junior hoagies are in the 255-400 calorie range depending on what kind you get. Also, Amy's frozen Tortilla bowl and enchilada meals are tasty, satisfying and 370-400 calories. I keep these in my freezer and can grab one on the way out the door to take to work to microwave for lunch.
  • Ljordan_fitflow
    Ljordan_fitflow Posts: 64 Member
    mango salsa grilled chicken, your choice of vegetable or side:

Ingredients:
    Grilled chicken breast (i usually buy the season and pre-cooked ones at kroger)
    mango salsa (i found this at kroger too)

You can prep the chicken the night before or in the morning, then heat up for lunch and top it off with the mango salsa. Simple, quick and delicious.
  • Loralrose
    Loralrose Posts: 203
    I like to make a sandwich from whole wheat bread, cheese of your preference (I love goat cheese), and a cup or so of salad greens. Plus some fruit and a handful of nuts, if you've got calories to spare.

Other option if you have a microwave is to bring some leftovers from last night's dinner.
  • lardbut1960
    lardbut1960 Posts: 20 Member
    A small Kaiser bun, can of cloverleaf tuna (lemon pepper, the single serving can) and an apple.

About 300cal
  • I have a Pinterest board just for lunch stuff. Feel free to check it out.
    http://www.pinterest.com/MelHoneyRocks/lunch-time/
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    I usually spend one day in the kitchen and cook for the remainder of the week. Chicken is my go to. Boneless, skinless thighs precooked, then whatever you like. Bbq sauce one day on a roll, mango salsa with rice, sauteed veggies the next. Trying to be creative is my downfall. I'm pretty boring. I also seem to always be short on protein so Jack Links jerkey is great. The whole bag 3 servings equal 30 grams protein for around 230 calories.
  • michelleneli
    Thanks for all the ideas. :flowerforyou: