Can't find pants to fit my huge thighs!

Options
Any other ladies have this problem? I'm probably a size 14-16 around the waist, but my thighs hardly fit an 18! I'm forever tugging to keep my pants up because they're too loose around the waistband. Skirts are not an option due to my occupation.

Recommendations for thunder-thigh friendly jeans would be much appreciated.

Replies

• DamianaKitten
    DamianaKitten Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I've had the best luck with the pants at WalMart. Kohls has some, but it takes me forever to find them. Riders Lee is what I get at wally.
  • suncluster
    suncluster Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Wear a dress.

My thighs were always the determinate in my pants size too.
    They were always too big in the waist. I was very hourglass as a bigger girl.

As I have gotten leaner my physique has become more straight, less hourglass. I no longer have that problem. Clothes, generally fit better

As you do the work, you will get smaller and then this will not be a problem for you either.

Best of luck! :smile:
  • brooke7ia
    brooke7ia Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have a similar problem. I really like the Worthington brand at JCPenney's. There are at least two style cuts--I can never remember the names, but one works and one doesn't. They work perfect and are pretty darn affordable but look good! Happy shopping!
  • BekaBooluvsu
    BekaBooluvsu Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Same problem here. I just wear a belt.
  • OkamiLavande
    OkamiLavande Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I may not be as big as you, but my bigger thighs keep my pants from fitting right. Levis and The Sweetheart by Old Navy are the ones that fit my thighs and hips best.
  • Loralrose
    Loralrose Posts: 203
    Options
    Wear a dress.

My thighs were always the determinate in my pants size too.
    They were always too big in the waist. I was very hourglass as a bigger girl.

As I have gotten leaner my physique has become more straight, less hourglass. I no longer have that problem. Clothes, generally fit better

As you do the work, you will get smaller and then this will not be a problem for you either.

Best of luck! :smile:

That's encouraging. I've been worried that it'll get worse the more I lose.. so far I'm down two inches on my waist but no change on the thighs. Maybe they'll be the last part to get slim.

Dresses are great on the weekends! But I work in HAZMAT collections, so pants are the only option at work.
  • mallomary
    mallomary Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Try to find a good tailor? I haven't ever tried to get the waist of a pair of jeans tailored, but you could give it a try.
  • DamianaKitten
    DamianaKitten Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Also, consider trying some men's pants. I'm not sure how they compare on thigh size, but I find I'm more comfortable in men's clothing, generally.