Need ideas for a low-carb yummy snack!

Options
Got the bad news from my doc today that my overeating & underexercising has caught up with me. Trying to be true to MFP...I have only 5 carbs left for the day [400 calories but would rather not use all them up!]...

So anyone have any ideas for a low carb snack that is filling & tasty?? I could use some help!!

:heart:
Linda

Replies

• mrsfeldt
    mrsfeldt Posts: 2
    Options
    I would have a few pieces of deli meat and some mustard :)
  • beckylou66
    beckylou66 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I like celery with laughing cow cheese on it. Cauliflower and ranch dressing.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    I would have a few pieces of deli meat and some mustard :)

Slices of roast beef or ham or turkey wrapped around a cube of cheese with a dallop of mustard sounds perfect to me!
  • Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I like boiled eggs cut in half with mustard. They taste pretty close to deviled eggs, but are very conservative on carbs and calories.
  • dt3312
    dt3312 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Hummus and raw vegies (such as carrots, celery, snap peas, bell pepper, etc)
  • michele121212
    michele121212 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Nuts !! Healthy Fats :)
  • lindacliftonkarchner
    lindacliftonkarchner Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your encouraging & delicious ideas!! I'm pretty discouraged about my medical situation right now - not surprised though.... :( Trying to stay positive...the first place I turned to was MFP as soon as I got home from my doctor appt today! Focusing on what I CAN do...through Christ....

4/14/2014

For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.

- Philippians 4:13 (NLT)

:heart:
    Linda
  • tracyspet80
    tracyspet80 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hard boiled egg whites stuffed with shredded chicken, cut up celery and/or mushrooms mixed with spicy brown or regular mustard! If you have fat left you can use the center party of the egg too in the chicken mix but I like just the egg whites.