Almost 8 weeks in but no change in the # on the scale :/

Options
Feeling bummed...I see some significant changes in my tummy...my problem area after I had my son a year and a half ago, but the number on the scale doesnt change. It is a very old scale, not digital so Im not sure if this makes a difference...

Im starting at 182 and my goal is 145, that is how much I weighed at 19 and my tummy was FLAT lol...Im 23 now

Replies

• Brandolin11
    Brandolin11 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Feeling bummed...I see some significant changes in my tummy...my problem area after I had my son a year and a half ago, but the number on the scale doesnt change. It is a very old scale, not digital so Im not sure if this makes a difference...

Im starting at 182 and my goal is 145, that is how much I weighed at 19 and my tummy was FLAT lol...Im 23 now

A few answers are needed from you before being able to proceed:

1.) What is your TDEE / How many calories are you eating a day?
    2.) Can you please open your diary so we can see what exactly and how much you're eating?
    3.) What do you do for exercise and how often?
    4.) Do you weigh and measure your food?
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Aside from what Brandolin11 said:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/872212-you-re-probably-eating-more-than-you-think

Also, congratulations on getting visible results in one or more of your problem areas! *Glares at my love-handles*
  • mdbverd
    mdbverd Posts: 14
    Options
    Hi thanks for the replies! I log EVERYTHING in my diary...started out consuming 1650 cals and about 2 weeks ago went down to about 1450 (i believe, maybe 1475)...I do occasionally make pizza at home (with good quality ingredients) or eat sushi for dinner but thats about it that I would consider "splurging"...everything else is counted/measured or pre-portioned
  • mdbverd
    Options
    for exercise, I take the bus to and from school and walk uphill at an intense pace pushing approx. 40 lbs for 30 to 60 mins, 5 times a week because that is all my schedule allows with school...I just started doing this about 4 weeks ago
  • Moonpenny1
    Moonpenny1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If you multiply your weight(lbs) by 9, you should eat LESS calories than this total . 9 Calories per lb MAINTAINS the same weight.
  • mdbverd
    Options
    awesome! Ive being doing great then lol...guess ill wait till next time i go to the doctor to be weighed by a more accurate scale
  • Chelz2013
    Chelz2013 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    It's not always about the number on the scale (although I completely understand wanting to see the numbers change). Have you taken your measurements? You can update every 4 weeks to track your progress. And, of course, go by the way your clothes fit. :flowerforyou:
  • stef_monster
    stef_monster Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Congrats on seeing the changes! Visual confirmation always motivates me more than the scale moving, personally.

In your situation, I'd definitely start taking measurements with a cloth tape and progress photos every month. If you can actually see a difference in your appearance and the fit of your clothes, you're doing something right. Keep on keeping on, and don't give up!
  • I have not lost an inch or a pound in 4 weeks eating less then 600 calories a day and walking
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I have not lost an inch or a pound in 4 weeks eating less then 600 calories a day and walking
    Please eat more food.
  • Brandolin11
    Options
    Hi thanks for the replies! I log EVERYTHING in my diary...started out consuming 1650 cals and about 2 weeks ago went down to about 1450 (i believe, maybe 1475)...I do occasionally make pizza at home (with good quality ingredients) or eat sushi for dinner but thats about it that I would consider "splurging"...everything else is counted/measured or pre-portioned

Is 1,450 your TDEE?
  • Brandolin11
    Options
    I have not lost an inch or a pound in 4 weeks eating less then 600 calories a day and walking

Hon, this is eating disorder behavior. What's going on?
  • if I eat more my stomach blotes severe pain and I get sick
  • Brandolin11
    Options
    if I eat more my stomach blotes severe pain and I get sick

What does your doctor say about this? Did they approve your eating this little?
  • funnybun1
    funnybun1 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Awe hun...changes like this can take time. I found that I didn't start losing weight until I started drinking enough water. Hopefully you will notice other changes - maybe you could try taking measurements and then comparing them in 4 weeks time, maybe you'll notice that you feel less stress, maybe you will notice that your walk or other exercises are easier - maybe you could try changing up the exercise to produce results - maybe HIIT/zumba/running/interval training, whatever. Just keep it up and adopt the attitude that you're freaking awesome and you can do this!!
  • I have not had a Dr. in 16 years
  • AuroraCoL
    AuroraCoL Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    If you multiply your weight(lbs) by 9, you should eat LESS calories than this total . 9 Calories per lb MAINTAINS the same weight.

I'm pretty sure that's incorrect. If that were true, I'd need 1089 to maintain my weight. My maintenance calories are closer to 1600-1800 depending on how much I exercise.
  • OMGeeeHorses
    OMGeeeHorses Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    You need to change up your exercise. It sounds like your body is use to what your doing and not losing due to this. I had to change mine up too, I can walk at 3.0mph on treadmill with grade 2.0 and not break a sweat. So I need to exercise outside and push myself longer as my body will not burn anything if I just kept up with what I have been doing. :) you got this!!
  • Brandolin11
    Options
    I have not had a Dr. in 16 years

Dear, you need to go see one immediately. You are either showing classic signs of anorexia (which is my gut reaction to your posts) or you have an intestinal condition which needs to be checked out immediately. Please see a doctor asap. There's a reason you reached out here....and there's a reason we're responding this way. Please take heed to our advice and get yourself some help okay?
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I have not had a Dr. in 16 years

You need to see a doctor immediately. This is either a physical illness, which is stopping you from consuming enough calories without discomfort, or it's an ED. Both need immediate medical attention.