advice on protein shakes?

Options
2»

Replies

• moondazed
    moondazed Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I have never tried store bought protein shakes, BUT let me tell you that protein smoothies are where it's at. The ones I make have about 30g of protein, under 300 calories, and are filled with delicious fresh fruit. :) They have definitely helped me with weight loss and I also have more energy after drinking them!
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Unrelated, but just had to say this..

Your use of "with my tea" is so adorable. I wish I actually connected with my British lineage more and had a tea break every day.
    Instead I'm boring and Bostonian and have a break "with my Dunks".
    Sorry about throwing your tea in the water, btw.
  • lizzyclatworthy
    lizzyclatworthy Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Unrelated, but just had to say this..

Your use of "with my tea" is so adorable. I wish I actually connected with my British lineage more and had a tea break every day.
    Instead I'm boring and Bostonian and have a break "with my Dunks".
    Sorry about throwing your tea in the water, btw.
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • lcknyc11
    lcknyc11 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I drink a protein shake after the gym. I usually don't get home until 8:30pm and eat a small meal before working out. I have a shake and a banana and a cup of unsweetened almond milk (sometimes 1-2 tablespoons) of peanut butter to help me get to my net calorie goal for the day. I used to buy the Gold Standard/Optimum Nutrition from the Vitamin Shoppe but I personally think it's crap. Now I buy my whey protein powder from True Nutrition. Tastes good, 24 grams of protein in one scoop with only 3 grams of carbs and 2 grams of fat. Very low in sodium and sugar. Some people like Muscle Millk, but I personally would rather eat other foods to hit my carbs and fats.