Stuck!

Options
I joined MyFitnessspal.com about 7 weeks ago and have had amazing success. I needed to loose 30 pounds. I am about 8-9 pounds from my goal but now I'm stuck! I've actually gained, rather than lost, almost two pounds this week! I have not changed my diet at all, but I have not exercised as often over the past ten days as I was doing (I started back to normal yesterday). I gained twenty pounds after breaking my ribs in June due to being laid for two months. I was ten pounds overweight before that and struggled for years to loose the weight. I guess this stubborn 10 lbs has been with me for a while and may have something to do with it. Thank you anyone who has any advice on how to get past this plateau?

Replies

• jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Give it a few more weeks.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success so far. My guess is that now that you've lost much of the weight, that you need to readjust your goals in the settings. You should change the target loss to "0.5 lbs per week." And from here on out, the weight loss will go a bit slower. But you can do it! You can't lose quite as fast, once you're closer to your goal.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    A week is not a plateau. It can be frustrating, but if you found success in the six weeks prior keep doing as you were. (Though perhaps update your goals, settings to re-evaluate in MFP.)
  • HerbertNenenger
    HerbertNenenger Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    If you're trying to lose the 10 pounds that have been with you for a long time, it;s going to take a while. Have patience.
  • cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Once you stop exercising you body fills up you glycogen stores, this could easily mask your weight loss or even cause a gain, 1 week is not a stall, give it 4 weeks and if nothing has move reevaluate
  • ToRideLevi
    Options
    Thank you. That makes sense.
  • ToRideLevi
    Options
    Thank you everybody. That all is helpful. I have upped my exercise (including started up belly dancing again which I did professionally 30 year ago and wow does that hurt) and I also realized loosing these last stubborn pounds may be different then loosing the last several pounds. Thanks for all the good advice.